Thursday, October 5, 2017

Keto Lemon Caper Slow-Cooker Chicken

My boys will tell you that I am famous, well in their minds, for my throw together dinners. That means, I have no idea what we are having or what I'm doing until I walk into the kitchen. Yep, that's right. I wing it.
I go through the pantry, the fridge, the freezer and say to myself..."self, what are we going to eat tonight?" and most times I answer, yes answer myself and say "I have no freakin' idea" LOL
Then I grab a few items and throw them together. Literally, toss them in a slow cooker or in a pan on the stove. Anywhere from 15-45 minutes later we have dinner or it may be hours later if I tossed it in the slow cooker but you get the idea.
These tend to be my best recipes. The creative juices get to flowing, my rusty brain wheels start to turn and VIOLA! A fabulous dinner. Now the problem with my 'throw-togethers' is that I struggle to remember WHAT exactly I used, how much, etc...it is especially complicated when I use leftovers to create something new. I have learned over time to write things down as I go but then I have to find this "recipe" I created. I'm terrible at writing things down on scratch paper and then searching frantically for it later. I know...doesn't sound organized but I promise I am. Well, sort of.

I had taken out a package of chicken legs and then wound up eating out. So the next day I KNEW I had to use them but how. I didn't want to 'fry' them or bbq them. Both are delicious but boring, so I looked around and saw the bag of lemons I had recently purchased, ooh and the capers in the fridge. Mmm chicken piccata, but legs do not work well for that but ooh what if...yep that's it. So I grabbed the slow cooker and this is it, simple and delicious...

Lemon Caper Chicken (keto friendly and cooked in a slow cooker/crockpot)
5 chicken legs
2 lemons, cut in half and squeezed
1/2 jar of capers
fresh cracked pepper
parsley flakes
Place the legs in the slow cooker, squeeze the lemon juice  over the legs, sprinkle with capers, pepper and parsley. Cook for 4-6 hours on low and enjoy!

See I promised it would be easy.

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative, love a dish that doesn't look like it was as easy to make as it was.

    ReplyDelete