Sunday, October 8, 2017

Creamy Pesto Chicken Bake #keto

Oh My Goodness! Talk about a fabulous recipe. What do we love? That's right, one pot meals, where here is another delicious meal that is cooked in one pot. Easy clean up, easy prep and just look at it!
I adored this meal, protein, cheese, veggies, one pot cooking, simple delicious ingredients. D however was not thrilled with it. He liked it but didn't love it. We have different taste. He is not overly fond of cheese, I KNOW, I heard you gasp! HOW can you NOT love cheese??? Well, he doesn't. He's okay with it and honestly I didn't use half of what I wanted too. Either way, it was delicious and I enjoyed it for several days afterwards. That's right, leftovers baby! That's like free lunch. What could be better? Well, I can think of a few things, but let's not stray from the subject at hand. Food, keto food to be exact.

Creamy Pesto Chicken Bake
2 large chicken breast (cut off the bone and chopped, it's what I had)
2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil (the good kind don't use cheap nasty stuff)
3 TBSP butter, unsalted
Salt , pepper and paprika - 1 tsp each
4 green onions diced, tops and bottoms
1/2 pint grape tomatoes
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 lemon juiced
2 TBSP pesto (you could use 3 and it not be overwhelming)
12 oz cauliflower florets (I used frozen, thawed and drained well)
7 oz Swiss Gruyere cheese, shredded
I used a cast iron skillet. Place the oil and butter, toss in the chicken and spices. Once this is done, in a small bowl or mixing cup, add your cream, lemon juice and pesto, stir well and add to the chicken along with the tomatoes and green onions. Stir well, Top with the cauliflower florets. Top with the cheese.
Slid into a preheated oven at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes, depending on your oven. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
Serve! That's it. Simple and delicious. One pot, easy clean up. The best kind of meal if you ask me.

Enjoy!

1 comment: