Monday, October 9, 2017

Brussel Sprout Stir Fry with Spicy Nut/Seed Mix - #BlogWithFriends

Brussel sprout stir fry with spicy nut/seed mix
I got the idea for this recipe from the Diet Doctor, her recipe is raw and served as a salad. Mine is cooked and served as a side dish, I changed a few other things too of course. 
Here is the inspirational recipe : RECIPE

Reflection
Second chances
Life Rebooted
Good Fortune *changed subject*

This is the monthly post/contribution to the group #BlogWithFriends. We had chosen good fortune as our theme but with all the tradgy in the world lately we felt it was insensitive to use that theme.
However, there is good fortune in all that we've seen. Those who survived, those who changed their minds about the concert, the families whose homes did not perish in the fires, the hurricane going out into the ocean instead of impacting the East coast like we had prepared for. Good fortune was everywhere. 
There was also sadness, horror, evil, death and destruction. None of us could have known or seen what was coming. No way to prepare. Now those directly affected have to mourn, rebuild and figure out life in a different way.
For myself life rebooted, a second chance, good fortune and yes lots of reflection, our new theme.
Taking time to reflect is always a good idea. Time to reflect, ponder, reevaluate and maybe change direction.
I have done this in many areas of my life, one being how I eat. So with that, here is a recipe that I hope you enjoy.

Brussel Sprout Stir Fry with Spicy Nut/Seed Mix
1/2 lb fresh brussel sprouts, thinly sliced
3 - 4 TBSP olive oil
salt
pepper
paprika
cumin
chili powder
RAW nuts
hazel nuts
walnuts
almonds
maccadamia nuts
raw or salted and roasted sunflower seeds
Thinly slice the brussel sprouts and toss in a pan with olive oil, salt and pepper. As they cook, chop your nuts and mix with the seeds and other spices. Just before the sprouts are done, add the nuts and continue to cook, be careful not to burn the nuts or brown too quickly as they will taste bitter.
It only took about 5-10 minutes to cook.
Enjoy!

Be sure to visit the other links:

Karen at Baking In A Tornado
Most of the prep work can be done in advance for these meal sized Sriracha Chipotle Ranch Chicken Nachos, perfect for a dinner, a lazy weekend afternoon or a tailgate party.

Cluttered Genius
Project Description: Every kid is different. Consider how they each can bring a specific strength to the table!

Kia

The Lieber Family
Project Description: A call to look for the positive in our lives and focus on the good instead of being overwhelmed with the bad.

5 comments:

  1. I have never been a huge fan of Brussel sprouts but my husband loves them. Reading this recipe makes me want to try again. I love all of those nuts and I think they would make your dish amazing. Thank you so much for sharing it. Now I just have to find some Brussels sprouts in Japan, mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slicing them and sauteing like this really changes the flavor, more mild and the spicy nut mix is just delicious. Hmmm no brussel sprouts in Japan? Interesting

      Delete
  2. I love Brussels Sprouts and have very few recipes using them. So glad you posted this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to take the little tiny ones and steam them, add a little butter and fresh cracked pepper. mmm mmm mmm

      Delete
  3. I shiver with the idea of Brussels Sprouts, but your recipe makes me think I could handle them!

    ReplyDelete