Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Keto Bread (first attempt)

Well, I made my first loaf of keto bread today...8/12/17
It is short and dense, a little dry and gritty.
Other than that, it is delicious. The consistency is that of baked cornbread. Not light and fluffy but how can it be, it is almond and coconut flour. Still it is tasty enough for toasting, smearing with butter or cream cheese. Definitely not worthy of a sandwich but it is my first attempt. I might play around with the recipe or not. I really do not miss bread enough to go at this more than one or two tries to be honest.

1 stick of butter melted
3 TBSP of coconut oil, melted
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 coconut flour
2/3 almond flour
6 eggs
Mix all the ingredients together and spoon into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Slide it out of the pan, allow to cool, slice and enjoy. It is really good toasted with cream cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment