Friday, July 28, 2017

Stuffed Pepper Explosion Keto Style

Since switching over to the keto way of eating, I have been going through some of my old recipes. Looking for things that I really enjoyed that could easily be converted over. The "stuffed pepper explosion" was one of the first! It was super easy to convert and so delicious. My son did not even know that I had made a "substitution" LOL
The substitution was instead of rice I used cauliflower. You can purchase "riced" cauliflower in the frozen foods section at your local grocer or you can do what I did and make your own. Whichever is better for you.

Stuffed Pepper Explosion Keto Style
2/3 lb ground beef
large bell pepper diced
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 tsp garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, Mexican oregano 
1 TBSP parsley
1/2-1 cup cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cup cauliflower, riced
I used less ingredients due to making a smaller less dense casserole since it is just myself and my son (part time). This recipe did make 5 good size portions. I also did prepare this in the 13x9 pan.
Cook the ground beef, when it is almost done, leaving some pink is okay since it does go in the oven. Add your diced bell pepper and spices. For a larger casserole use a whole pound of meat and 2 whole peppers.
Saute the meat and pepper. Then add in the can of tomatoes.
While the meat is cooking prepare your cauliflower rice, if you did not purchase a bag of frozen. I used had of a bag of frozen cauliflower florets and soaked them in water, drained well and placed in my food processor. I hit pulse until the cauliflower looked like rice, about 5 times. Now add this to the meat/veggie mix and stir well.
Pour in to a greased casserole dish and top with cheese.
Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350

ENJOY
**update...my Sissy did it!! She made the Keto version of the stuffed pepper explosion. She sent me pictures and gave me permission so I put them in a collage and here is hers! Beautiful and they loved it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna try these!! I've been wondering about swapping cauli for the rice!!

    ReplyDelete