Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Faux Mashed Potatoes #keto friendly

When you say faux your mind might conjure up pictures of fake fur or a faux finish on the walls, you know where you spend hours making your walls look like denim  only to grow out of that phase in a few short months.
So faux mashed potatoes? yes...looks like lumpy mashed potatoes, taste even better but without the starch/sugar and carbs!What?! Yes! FABULOUS mashed potatoes without the guilt. Using what you ask...well fasten your seat belts, it's cauliflower! YES that unsung vegetable hero that no one seems to know what to do with because it really is tasteless. BUT like tofu it absorbs the flavors around it.
Faux Mashed Potatoes Keto Friendly
1 - 1 lb bag of frozen cauliflower
2 TBSP oil or butter, I used chicken drippings from baked wings (don't judge me!)
2 TBSP butter
salt and pepper to taste (I use sea salt so it is added at the end and fresh cracked pepper)
1/3 cup water
cook until done, about 8 minutes, then add a splash of cream along with
1/4 cup Parmesan Regigano grated cheese
Stir and allow to cook until the cauliflower breaks down and the liquid thickens.
Next pour into a bowl and add 
2 TBSP cream cheese vegetable spread
Stir well and "mash" the cauliflower as smooth or chunky as you like.
ENJOY!!
It really is that simple!

Now I did make 2 Marco Polo videos while making these. Sent to my Sissy and I thought about adding them to this recipe, BUT I could not figure out how to transfer the videos. I did manage to figure out downloading and saving the videos, just not how to get them into the blog. IF at a later time I figure it out, I MIGHT add them, but they SERIOUSLY need editing! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment