Monday, June 12, 2017

Frozen Mocha Coffee -School's Out #Blogwithfriends

HEY everybody! School is out and I am so thankful I do not have to worry about daycare, camp, and finding things for the boys to do so as not to hear "MOM I'm bored!" However, I do miss them being home and I'm not sure that will ever go away.
I was reading on Facebook where some folks are already "counting down until school resumes", wow, that's what I have to say about that. WOW...I never felt that way, good thing too considering I homeschooled my boys! LOL We took summer break like everyone else. I needed to search for curriculum, extra curricular classes, sports, search for upcoming field trips, buy supplies and recharge my mom/teacher/administrator batteries so I didn't go postal on some poor unsuspecting soul at Wal-Mart.
Back in the day when my kids were in school and I was pulling my hair out  loving every minute of teaching, I could have used this drink many a time! I did not drink coffee back then, actually, it is a new thing for me. Yes, actually about a month now. Okay, so I did drink International Coffee, you know the ones in the little tins, I used to love that stuff, but it's not real coffee. Okay, so I don't actually drink real coffee now. I drink frozen coffee! OMGosh where have you been all my life???
Coffee, frozen, blended, mocha swirl, whipped topping!!
Sorry, I was lost for a moment of drool!
I do believe it could be considered dessert and not a drink but whatever you call it, I call it addicting.
Each morning I hit my local DD drive thru and grab a medium Coolatta with a shot of mocha and whipped cream. MMM mmm good gracious I do love it. So I created my own, super easy to do recipe.
Side note** So it seems I have become addicted to Dunkin' Donuts frozen coffee. I've had one almost every day for a month. And I say that to say this, I come home one evening I have not eaten all day. I'm very hungry. I'm also very antsy and short with biting comments.  My son says what's wrong with you? I said I guess I'm just too HANGry . You know like the snickers commercial where you're just not yourself when you're hungry! But I cannot eat snickers because I'm allergic to peanuts. As we talk I'm still kind of sleepy. I laughed and said I have not had my Dunkin' Donuts today. He says will get in the car woman because I can't deal with you when you're "danky ". So the  moral of the story is without food I'll become angry and without my frozen coffee I'll become Danky!
For those of you whose kids are home, already driving you bezerk and you need a drink, but it's not 5 AND you have to drive them to swim team, baseball, camp, whatever, you can still drink this and drive.
Be sure to scroll to the end and see what my other wonderful blog buddies came up with for our June theme of "school's out"!



http://www.clutteredgenius.com/non-screen-summer-activities/



6 comments:

  1. Oy, hangry AND danky - this can't be good! 😳
    I always smile when I see your FB posts about the DD visits! If you have to work that early (and for so many hours), you definitely deserve that daily treat!
    PS: Were you going to share your recipe or is it a secret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been a coffee drinker but those might just turn me around! Those look wonderful and refreshing and I like anything with whipped cream on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY, I'm from New England so in the coffee shop wars I am definitely Team DD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. Don't get me wrong... I love Starbucks, and I like Dutch Bros, but if ever forced to choose just one... I would choose DD.

      Delete
  4. I'm not so big on coffee, but maybe this would help with the caffeine need and satisfy my sweet tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do I even need to say what I think about this?! Can you read my mind?! I am sure you can eh?! Two thumbs WAY UP!! <3

    ReplyDelete