Friday, May 26, 2017

Southwest Chicken Chili Frito Nacho Salad and Funny Friday

I'm a big salad lover but I like my salads to have substance, protein and lots of flavor. The meat and bean mixture you could use in tortillas, over corn bread, in a bread bowl or by itself with crackers. Really the possibilities are pretty numerous. I ate my salad two different ways, as you'll see below and both were delicious. My son enjoyed it as well.
This is also a Funny Friday post, that you will find after the recipe.
With a super busy schedule and the weather heating up so quickly around here, this recipe is perfect. It cooks while I'm at work, I come home and assemble, eat and enjoy the leftovers for several days. No, I did not get tired of eating it. I was sorry to eat the last bit.
Southwest Chicken Chili Frito Nacho Salad
8 boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
One can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
One can kidney beans rinsed and drained
3 tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning
Slow cooker for 6 to 8 hours on low
Shredded chicken and stir well
Place Fritos on a plate, top with lettuce and chicken mixture then add cheese and dressing. Or salsa guacamole sour cream.

2nd way
top with sweet corn relish and ranch dressing

Today’s post is this month’s Funny Friday, a regular feature published on the last Friday of every month. Funny Friday is a collaborative project. Each month one of the participants submits a picture, then we all write 5 captions or thoughts inspired by that month’s picture. Links to the other bloggers’ posts are below, click on them and see what they’ve come up with. I hope we bring a smile to your face as you start your weekend.
Funny Friday  150 X 150.jpg
Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by Bookworm in the Kitchen      http://www.bookwormkitchen.com/

40 - Dinosaur Superhero Mommy - May 2016.jpg
1. Wait a minute guys, let me just move the truck.

2. hey hey kid, what are you doing up there??

3. My dream...to ride in a fire truck!!

4. Family day at the fire department and the firemen are making dreams come true, allowing the kids to sit up in the drivers seat.

5. Hey mom...take my picture!


Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:
Bookworm in the Kitchen      http://www.bookwormkitchen.com/
Baking In A Tornado             http://www.BakingInATornado.com
The Bergham Chronicles            http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com
Southern Belle Charm            http://www.southernbellecharm.com


2 comments:

  1. First caption is my favorite!
    And I love the recipe, I'm always making salads for dinner on a hot summer day but being dinner it has to be a substantial salad, like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recipe looks so good! Great captions

    ReplyDelete