Monday, May 8, 2017

Outdoor Life/Picnic Food #BlogWithFriends

For this month's theme on Blog With Friends we chose "Outdoor Life" and I decided to go with camping/grilling or picnic type foods. As I thought about this I took a stroll down memory lane of days gone by when the ex and I used to take the boys camping. They loved it. I enjoyed our time away from civilization, time with friends, relaxing, nature but not sleeping on the ground. That I was not fond of, but... the things we do for our kids.

Here are a few 'old' photos from a few past trips. As you can see, it was years ago but that's okay.


Pasta Salad
8 oz Rotini garden pasta, dry, cooked per instructions, drained set aside
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
1/2 cup frozen peas
cook this in with the pasta the last 5 minutes
2.5 oz bacon pieces, cooked and chopped
1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
8 TBSP ranch dressing
Drain and allow the pasta/veggies to cool, mix all ingredients and store in the fridge or cooler. Great as a side dish any time not just camping or picnics.

Have you heard of onion bombs?? These are the best, grilling ,in the oven or even the crock pot! LOVE these!
NOW let's see what all the others did!! Follow the links...

http://www.thinkinenglish.org/thinkinenglishblog

4 comments:

  1. That onion bomb looks amazing and I love that idea with the s'mores and the rake, pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look like fun memories but I do love that rake s'mores.
    And that onion bomb, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pasta salad looks awesome. But the s'mores? You're right! GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum on that pasta salad! And I agree with the "smartness" of the s'mores (LOL); perfect!

    ReplyDelete