Friday, May 12, 2017

Loaded Green Veggie Beef Stir Fry and use your words

Hey howdy hey! I'm so excited to share this recipe with you! This is by far the BEST, no kidding, the BEST stir fry I ever prepared. OMGosh, I'm telling you my son and I gobbled it up like it was our last meal and we were walking the green mile!
2 small chuck steaks, fat trimmed and sliced
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1 TBSP parsley
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 TBSP flour
2 TBSP soy sauce
1 TBSP butter
2-3 TBSP oil
2 TBSP brown sugar
Put the oil and butter in a non stick skillet or wok if you have it. Slice the meat and toss into the hot pan. Sprinkle all the spices, flour and brown sugar over the meat. stir well. Once the meat begins to brown pour on the soy sauce.
Stir and cook to medium. Now add:
broccoli slaw
sweet bells sliced
pea pods, I used a generous handful, maybe 3/4 cup
10 brussel sprouts sliced
3 green onions, diced
broccoli, about a cup or florets
asparagus, baby size and a small bundle
Stir until you have the desired crispness of the veggies or wilted to your preference.
While this is going on, boil water and toss in your
chow mein noodles
These should only take 2-3 minutes. Stir these in and a couple of tablespoons of the water. Serve and eat immediately.
Delicious 
Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.

At the end of this post you’ll find links to the other blogs featuring this challenge. Check them all out, see what words they got and how they used them. 

The morning started with my having an enormous headache. I was trusting my doctor that the new medication would be helpful but this particular morning I was thinking "he must be joking, this stuff is not working". I felt like I had been run over by a mob of angry vikings! 
I walked into the kitchen and there sat my beautiful boy, Sam, my tuxedo kitty. He jumped on top of the freezer and eagerly awaited his morning bowl of kitty nibbles.
Walking over I gave him a generous rub down and reached for the food container.
MEOW
I know, don't you see I'm getting it.
MEOW
Give me a minute impatient butt.
MEOOOOW
What? so I walk over and see his water dish is almost empty.
Okay okay let me fill it up. There, happy now?
Sam rubbed against me purring away.
I stroked his face and he closed his eyes, lifted his face towards me as his kitty motor went into high gear. I smiled, his unconditional love and massive purring always made me feel better. I thought to myself, how could anyone NOT love a kitty?
Pouring his food I saw my medication on the counter. I walked over and picked it up. Looking for the phone I dialed the number for the pharmacy to ask a few questions. They might seem silly but there could be something I missed, like take with food, take only at bed time or something of this nature.

Either way, I was asking...as soon as I managed to get through the automated system to a real person. Ugh I could feel the enormous headache morphing into gargantuan.

Your words are:
Enormous ~ trusting ~ mob ~ joking ~ tuxedo
They were submitted by: http://www.bookwormkitchen.com/

Links to the other “Use Your Words” posts:
Baking In A Tornado                        http://www.bakinginatornado.com  
The Blogging 911                       http://theblogging911.com
On the Border                           http://dlt-lifeontheranch.blogspot.com/
Bookworm in the Kitchen      http://www.bookwormkitchen.com/
The Bergham Chronicles                  http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com  
Simply Shannon                           http://shannonbutler.org   
Southern Belle Charm                    http://www.southernbellecharm.com    
Confessions of a part-time working mom         http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/  
Climaxed                                       http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com     





6 comments:

  1. This recipe looks SO good. Add fast and easy and you know I'm there!
    Headaches are the worst. Hope this post is just fiction and you're not suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to suffer from migraines so it's fiction but based on the past.
    The recipe was sooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True story? Sorry to hear. Headaches are the worst. Your kitty sounds like therapy, though!
    Oh, and the food! I'll be right over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My old kitty, now over the rainbow bridge, was so wonderful. My current kitty, my big love bug is my life line!

      Delete
  4. Headaches like that are miserable! But the stir fry looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had one brewing in the back of my head all day and I just know it's going to get alot worse I can feel it. Hope your's is better!

    ReplyDelete