Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Chocolate Fudge Pudding Cake and Motherhood Yo Yo Poetry Post

Who put this year on fast forward?? It is almost the middle of May! AND Mother's Day is this weekend! EEK

My youngest son sent me a text on Sunday asking me what I wanted. He was not happy with my answers and told me I needed to improve my gifting list. What?? I hate people asking me what I want. I have never been good at this. I always buy for everyone else, the pets and the house, but when it comes to me I've always been last or not at all. So if you ask me what I want, I will stare at your blankly and go...Ummm I don't know. My mother on the other hand is a pro at it. She can rattle of a list a mile long. Not me. My boys have always been able to give a list ,my daughters-in-law can do it without thought, so can the grandkids, well those old enough to talk. Me, not so much. I'm the perfect catch for a man right!? I don't have a list of wants and can never think of things for me. I'm single why? LOL

SO anywho...
This month the poetry group decided on motherhood. I had all sorts of suggestions that had nothing to do with motherhood. Why you ask, because some have horrible mothers, let's be honest. They are estranged, their mother is deceased, they are adopted and no idea who their biological mom is, women who are barren or have lost several babies and still trying to conceive. There are lots of reason why motherhood is a poor subject.

I fall into several of the categories but that's another post.

One thing I do know and that is most, not all, but most moms love dessert and if the dessert is chocolate they love it even more.

So how about this...chocolate fudge pudding cake?!?!?! YES, mmm mmm good-gracious-get-out-of-my-way I want more and will not share deliciousness! 
Chocolate Fudge Pudding Cake
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 pkg chocolate fudge pudding
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup French Vanilla creamer, liquid
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
Blend all the ingredients together in a bowl, pour into a greased pan. I used my Le Crueset pie dish, bake at 350 degree for 30 minutes.
Slice, sprinkle on powered sugar and sprinkles for a festive look mom is sure to love!
Motherhood Yo Yo
Motherhood is a roller coaster
a yo yo of sorts.
There are highs
there are lows
there are times of great woes.
Muddy prints on the walls
dirty shoes all down the hall.
Dishes piling up
dust bunnies rolling
clothes filling baskets
and toys making rackets.
Tears and jears
shouts of joy
dating and curfew fights
all end when we say good night.
All too soon they are grown and gone
our homes fill empty and our hearts mourn.
Vacations are short
holidays are not enough
and then we are old, alone and forgotten
by the ones that we raised and are rotten.
So motherhood is a yo yo
but one worth every up and every down
even if we are just a memory
from their hometown.
If you are lucky
and have a great mom
be sure to let her know
she is not forgotten.
And if you are a woman
you will too find
that motherhood is a yo yo
and life is a woe
but also a show!

Visit the other bloggers to read their post and poems:
Diana at On the Border
Kristina at The Angrivated Mom

2 comments:

  1. So very very true (and also, why can't anyone figure out what we want!? sheesh!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I love your ending "life is a woe, but also a show", well said. And I LOVE that cake recipe. Gotta go with chocolate on Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete