Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Blackened Mahi Club

Several months back I ate at the Ruddy Duck with some friends and had a fish sandwich. Not just any fish and not just any sandwich. Oh my! A nice thick slice of blackened Mahi and here today I'm sharing my version.

Blackened Mahi Club
a slice of Mahi-blackened (blackened seasoning: 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp each of oregano, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, white pepper, black pepper)
lettuce
tomato
bacon
bun
sriracha mayo

This is a delicious filling yet not heavy meal. Great for lunch or supper.

My friend Diana introduced me to the Mahi club at The Ruddy Duck in Morehead City. Their's has a slice of cheese melted over the fish and served with honey mustard, a side of pickled veggies and chips. My version cost $3 per sandwich not bad on the budget!

If you've never had Mahi and are not very fond of fish, this is a great type to try. It is not fishy and is meaty. Some say "taste like chicken" but come on, everything can't taste like chicken! Fresh Mahi does cook up more like a 'meat' than fish when you are looking at the flesh/meat. Mahi is also known as dolphin but not a porpoise. Mahi Mahi is a big fish with a flat head, not an attractive fish but tasty.
Isn't he a beauty? LOL a face only a mother could love. Now the flat faced are the males and the pointed faced are the females. And there is your marine biology for today.
Seriously though I do hope you'll give it a try and let me know what you think. Happy Eating :)
ENJOY!!

Dawn~

1 comment:

  1. I never would have known that that was a male - I learn something every day on blogs:) I like a fish sandwich because you get all the flavor of a burger without the heaviness afterwards. Thanks for sharing - happy Wednesday, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete