Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Renew Poetry: Cheaters Chocolate Chip Cheesecake with Fresh Strawberry Sauce

If you read a recent post called "life lessons" or "starting fresh" you may wonder HOW did I already slip?! I didn't. I made this before my revelation about bettering myself, again.
A few days, maybe 2, after being on my own I was craving sweets. I know it was stress and I'm an emotional eater but sometimes I give in and instead of making a huge cheesecake, I saw this little jewel from Duncan Hines. I added a few things to make it "mine" and VIOLA! A perfect dessert for myself and my son that wouldn't hang around for days.
Four servings, two for each of us and it was GONE! Nothing to sit in the fridge and stare at me for days while I 'tried' not to eat it.
It was DELICIOUS and perfect for us.
No, this is not a paid post or even a free product for a review. I found it, bought it, tried it and loved it. That simple.
This post is also part of the monthly poetry challenge. This month's theme is "RENEW" and it came at a perfect time. As you read and come to the end of this post you will find the links to the other bloggers creative links.

Duncan Hines perfect size cheesecake with pan
Follow the instructions.
Sprinkle 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips on top and bake according to the package.
topping: 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, mine were small
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
mash and boil until thickened, stir occasionally
allow to cool and serve over cheesecake
Renew :  Poetry Challenge/Theme

R= reviving my dreams
E= engaging in new activities
N= no more being a doormat
E= escape the unhappy existence
W= walk in newness of life

Winter has gone
Spring has sprung
Out with the old
and time to RENEW

Please visit:

2 comments:

  1. What I love most about the recipe idea is the semi-homemade aspect. Take something good and make it even better.
    Your poetry is full of hope. Just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple (in the un-complicated sense) and perfect!
    Just what I needed today!

    ReplyDelete