Monday, April 10, 2017

Life Lesson - #StartingFresh #Blogwithfriends - Garlic Honey Rubbed Pork Tenderloin

Life lessons, starting fresh, blog with friends and a recipe are all today's point of interest...

Each month we go through this ritual of choosing a theme. We toss ideas out, vote, ideas are shot down and new ones are tossed in the ring. We narrow it down to 2-3 and finally a decision is made. Then we each decide what we will do, a craft, an article, a recipe and so on.
I started writing this post as a sort of therapy for myself, not really sure if I would ever actually post it. But then as I was editing, I realized that it went with this month's theme perfectly; Starting Fresh.
Yes, here I am starting fresh, again. At 50+ who would have seen it coming? Not me. Seriously, my peripheral vision needs checking. My heart needs to follow my head and not the other way around. But here I am, single, over 50 and trying to find myself yet again.
Life has been hard. I lost my aunt 6 months ago and 1 month ago her husband. Now there is my mom, her baby sister and her husband. That's it. For family here I mean but as for my mom's family, that's it. I do have 4 cousins, 3 of whom are single without kids. Our family is dying off, literally.
I have walked down memory lane a lot lately. Looked at the past, precious memories, sad memories, thoughts of loved ones passed and choices I've made both good and bad.
I have come to one conclusion, life is hard and the only way to protect yourself from it is to seclude yourself from life. But this is not who I am, so I guess I have to find a way to deal with it all in a healthier manner.
One of those ways is I'm getting back to me. Taking care of me because obviously no one else is going to do it for me. By that I mean, eating right and exercise. Yes I'm on that kick again but if you look at my recipes often you are laughing right now because they are not low fat, low calorie what you would consider diet food.
That's right. I don't diet. Because the first 3 letters spell DIE. SO, I eat in moderation. I eat whole foods, not processed. Home made not store bought. I eat what I enjoy and I enjoy what I eat. I am moving more and sitting less all in the hopes that I can drop some of the weight that these dadgum steroids have put on me the last 8 months. 
Life has been extremely tough, no that's an understatement. Even as I write this I'm laughing. Tough, right, it's been down right hell and a joy at the same time. If that even makes sense.
But on a post I wrote last month, one friend commented And as I began to type response to her, G*d spoke to me, yes it has been tough, but no one ever said life would be easy. But here's the key...
A diamond starts out as a lump of coal, it is the stress and pressure that changes it into something beautiful and valuable.
I am that lump of coal. Life is stressful and the pressures of current events along with things from the past are pressing in on me, those things are making me stronger and in that, I will no longer be a lump of coal, but a diamond. Strong and beautiful.
Do I enjoy the stress? No. Am I happy about the events lately? No. Am I stronger? Yes, everyday. Will I be that diamond? I sure hope so.
The lesson is this, life changes daily, nothing is guaranteed, no matter how many times you get hurt, love, live, laugh and enjoy your life. Take care of you and be kind to others.
So this Spring, I am #startingfresh, it is my 'do over' my turn to hit the reboot button and live!

Garlic Honey Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
1 1/2 lb fresh pork tenderloin
water
1/3 cup honey
1 /3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp garlic
1 tsp white ground pepper
Sorry guys but the measurements are as follows: Take the loin and sprinkle with water and rub around. Not alot, just enough to wet it. Next mix the spices together and rub all over. Next drizzle with honey. Bake at 300 degree covered with foil for 45 minutes, remove foil and bake at 350 for 15 minutes to allow a crust to form. You could also broil it.
Remove and slice.
BlogWithFriends presents:







7 comments:

  1. This recipe looks amazing, but what's more amazing is you. I'm so proud of the person you are. You've been through a lot but you're one of the most positive people I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being my friend and cheerleader. Many time I consider giving up but that would be allowing my oppressors to win and NO WAY I will allow that.

      Delete
  2. The first 3 letters spell DIE. hahahaha omg, you cracked me up!

    Seriously, you are amazing. Life can really knock us down and you're here with positivity and sharing life lessons with all of us. You rock. Cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dawn, I feel like I've been out of the loop. What happened with W, the two of you seemed so in love?
    Anyway, I applaud you for starting fresh, and OF COURSE you are a diamond, just look at how far you've come so far!
    Love, live, laugh and enjoy your life, that's exactly the spirit! And you're not alone, we're all here to listen and cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will absolutely be that diamond. <3 Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tenderloin looks wonderful! Your post is an inspiration and a reminder that whatever stresses we go through just make us stronger on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shine on, Dawn!! Your recipe looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete