Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Spicy Poken or Spicy Chicpo Meatballs

I knew the name would get your attention. Poken? Chicpo? Meatballs...you're probably thinking chick peas or something weird but no. I made these delicious meatballs with ground pork and ground chicken, hence the name. To these deliciously moist meatballs I added a sauce, honestly you could do without it. It was good but it made them too spicy for me and without the sauce they are delicious all on their own. You could serve these with the rice like I did or over pasta with the sauce or as my son suggested on a hoagie roll with the sauce and smothered in cheese. I was planning on doing that with the leftovers but someone ate them before I had a chance. 


Spicy Poken/Chicpo Meatballs
1 lb ground pork
1 lb ground chicken
1/2 cup crushed friend jalapenos
1/2 cup ground flatbread crackers
1 egg beated
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp white ground pepper
Combine all ingredients in a food processor, form into balls, saute in a tad of oil until nice and brown, cover with a sauce or eat plain. These are flavor packed and really do not need the sauce.

1 comment:

  1. What I love about this recipe is that it's so different from any meatball recipe I make. I'm always looking for something new, not just a version of something we already make and like. Can't wait to see what the family thinks of this!

    ReplyDelete