Monday, March 20, 2017

Bagogi - #CIC March 2017

Hi everyone, I'm so glad you stopped by. This post is part of the CIC or Crazy Ingredient Challenge. It has been some time since I participated. Life got seriously complicated and no matter how hard I tried, it just seemed I could not get things together in time to post.

This month it was a last minute thing but I did it. I made a recipe, took photos AND wrote my post. Now let's not mention that it is 10 hours from posting time that I am putting all this together and scheduling. But hey, it's done right?

This month's ingredients: Pear and Red Pepper Flakes! I was so excited about this!
I made a favorite dish of mine but changed it up for this challenge. 


Bagogi
1 lb of beef, thinly sliced
1 Asian pear, grated
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup sugar
2 TBSP sesame oil
3 green onions diced
6 medium to large size fresh Brussels sprouts, sliced

In a bowl add your sliced beef, grated pear and all other ingredients. Allow this to sit in a bowl covered in the fridge for at least 1 hour, longer is better. Be sure to stir it often. Drain the liquid and saute on a high heat fast and serve over brown rice. Now if you have a wok that is perfect but a non stick skillet will work just fine, it is what I used.
Quick simple and delicious!

Be sure to stop by and check out the other participants:



6 comments:

  1. So glad you are back Dawn. This recipe sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about great minds thinking alike!!! I'll have to try this with brown rice. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you could join us Dawn! That beef sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete