Monday, February 6, 2017

Love is in the air, oh! that explains the smell...#BWF Chocolate Cherry Muffins

Today is our monthly "blog with friends" post. We pick a theme and then each blogger puts their own spin on it. The theme "love is in the air" was chosen. Well, my first thought was LOVE STINKS yeah yeah, the song from many years ago. Then I thought, hmm what's that smell? Oh yeah, that explains it. I laughed to myself and thought about what I love... chocolate, cherries, baking, sweets, oh wait back up...chocolate cherry muffins! That's it and so I set about making these little treats.
These muffins are a perfect treat, after school, for breakfast, dessert or anytime!
Chocolate Cherry Muffins
1 3/4 c bisquick
1/3 c sugar
3 TBSP Greek yogurt
1/2 cup cherry pie filling
1 beaten egg
1/2 milk
1/4 oil
4 oz mini chocolate chips
Grease a muffin tin, fill 2/3 with batter and bake for 18 minutes at 400 temperature. The muffins come out nice and moist, heavy if you use too much yogurt. Not light and fluffy, if you want them lighter, do not add the yogurt. You can also use muffin liners, I was out so I just greased the tin. Cool on a rack and enjoy! IF you use the yogurt store leftovers in the fridge.
Now be sure to see what everyone else has done...

 http://www.clutteredgenius.com/things-i-hate-but-do-anyway/



5 comments:

  1. This one's perfect for us. All 3 men in my life love chocolate and cherry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds delicious! I love chocolate and cherry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love cherry pie filling. I ad to stop buying it because i used to just eat it straight from the can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those looks super yummy! Maybe next year's theme should be the Smell of Love :)

    ReplyDelete