Friday, February 24, 2017

Jalapeno Crusted Fried Turkey Cutlet Sandwich - FEB FF

Who likes fried onions? You know the ones like you put on top of a green bean casserole, which by the way I do NOT eat. eww
So anyway, the company that makes the fried onions, now has fried jalapeno!! I thought "OH MAN" that lends itself to all sorts of possibilities.
I walked around the store with the container and my creative sparks firing all cylinders. I decided to make a sandwich but not just any sandwich. A kicked up, spicy, delicious, flavor packed sandwich.
 Jesse is my test subject. My son is def like me, a foodie through and through. He loved it so much so that he had one with the ranch and one with honey mustard.

Jalapeno Crusted Fried Turkey Cutlet Sandwich
turkey cutlet steaks (3 large ones I cut in half)
1 1/2 cups fried jalapenos, crushed

1 large tomato, sliced
mixed baby organic greens
egg,beaten
flour
salt and pepper to taste
multi grain thin rounds (you could use whatever type of bun you want)
Cucumber Ranch
Honey Mustard
slices of cheddar cheese
Set out three bowls,one for flour, beaten egg and crushed jalapenos. Dip the cutlet in flour, then egg, then the jalapeno. Place the cutlets in a non stick fry pan with a few tablespoons of oil. Fry until golden brown. Turkey does not take long to cook. Sprinkle with salt and pepper as soon as you remove them from the oil, but not needed. Top with a slice of cheese and allow to melt.
Place the cutlet on a bun, top with  a slice of tomato, a small handful of greens and drizzle with cucumber ranch. All set on a multi grain round. OH MAN!
An after thought I decided to forego the cheese and just add honey mustard to the bun, cutlet and tomato. OH MAN that was a different sandwich but great combo. You honestly can't go wrong either way.
Now for the Funny Friday post, scroll down...
Today’s post is this month’s Funny Friday, a regular feature published on the last Friday of every month. Funny Friday is a collaborative project. Each month one of the participants submits a picture, then we all write 5 captions or thoughts inspired by that month’s picture. Links to the other bloggers’ posts are below, click on them and see what they’ve come up with. I hope we bring a smile to your face as you start your weekend.

Funny Friday  150 X 150.jpg

Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by Dinosaur Superhero Mommy           http://dinoheromommy.com/

37 - Dinosaur Superhero Mommy - February 2017.jpg

1. What mom? It's called relaxing, you should try it, you're too uptight. (Karen can't you hear AJ say this? LOL)

2. See I can balance on two legs.

3. NO my foot is not on the floor and no the chair is not touching the other one. Geez mom!

4. WOW that food was soo good I need to lay back a moment.

5. AJ PUT that chair on the floor! But mom it is. See two legs are touching, that counts.

Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile...
The Bergham Chronicles            http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com
Southern Belle Charm            http://www.southernbellecharm.com
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy           http://dinoheromommy.com/
Baking In A Tornado             http://www.BakingInATornado.com

2 comments:

  1. First one is the best, definitely something one of my boys would have said.
    And I LOVE this recipe. I hadn't seen those in the store but I'm going to find them, I'm on a mission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try the recipe and # 1 is awesome!

    ReplyDelete