Friday, December 23, 2016

Black Forrest Ham and Gouda Sliders: FOTW December 2016

Today is my middle son's 25th birthday!! Happy Birthday Jesse!! Jesse loves dessert and he loves bread. On Sunday he was off work so I decided to make him something he would enjoy. Sliders! A simple quick easy recipe that is perfect for lunch, parties, football days or just because.
Scroll down for recipe:

Here is Jesse with his niece, my baby's baby! We FINALLY got to see her and had the best time! Look at those smiles.
Black Forrest Ham and Gouda Sliders
1 pkg Hawaiian sweet rolls
6 slices of Gouda
9 oz Black Forrest ham
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Paprika
Parsley flakes
2 TBSP melted Butter
sprinkle Poppy seed
Slice the rolls in half like a bun keeping all 12 intact. Sprinkle with garlic, paprika and onion powder. Next lay out half the ham, top with cheese and add the remaining ham and top with more cheese. Brush the top of the rolls with melted butter and parsley. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Slice/cut the squares and serve.
Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 8 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.
Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:
Baking In A Tornado                   http://www.bakinginatornado.com/
Menopausal Mother                    http://www.menopausalmom.com/                        
Searching for Sanity                    http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com                       
Never Ever Give Up Hope             http://batteredhope.blogspot.com                        
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy         http://dinoheromommy.com/                    
Southern Belle Charm                   http://www.southernbellecharm.com
A Little Piece of Peace                   http://little-piece-of-peace.blogspot.com 
Go Mama O                                 gomamao.com

There is a very sweet hard working young lady that I pick up on cold or rainy mornings. I take her son to daycare and then drop her at work. He is the sweetest, politest little thing. I just love little Brenden so much. She has done an incredible job with him and his sister. She is a young, struggling, single mom trying her best. One afternoon we picked him up from daycare, after I had picked her up from WalMart. He crawled in the car and saw the shopping bags. All excited he said "OH MOMMY did you buy new food for me, you and Kria?! She said yes and he said "OH THANK YOU MOMMY, I love you so much!
He was so excited for food and appreciative, it just broke my heart.
Each day he tells me what he did at daycare and about the other kids. Each Thursday he is excited because it's show and tell day. He doesn't have much but he thinks he does. He is always super excited to show his friends whatever it is he is bringing.
These are the days I am sad and wishing I had disposable income. I would so take this precious little guy to the store.
One afternoon after waiting for over an hour, filling out paperwork and answering questions so that I could pick up a client on a secure military base, the gentleman in charge said to me "I just want to commend you on your attitude. Folks come in here without the documents they need and demand attention and entrance within seconds. You had everything you needed and had to wait over an hour. Never once did I see you get mad or treat anyone rudely. I want to thank you." It warmed my heart but I said to him "What good would it have done except to ruin your day and mine?" He said you're right but folks just don't think that way.
He's right. Everyone is in a hurry and thinks they are the ONLY person who needs help. We need more calm tranquil moments.

Watching Sunday night football and a player says "hmm smell that, that's the up smell" .
A reporter says "What's up?"
The player laughs and says "good, what's up wich you?"
Everyone laughs

Watching TV with my mom and (it's a reality show) the man's daughter has him at the gym. 
Daughter: when was the last time you worked out Dad?
Dad: honey the last time I worked out was with Olivia Newton John
Later in the show, he's about to fall out and says "It's hotter than satan's ball sack in here"
OMG I was about to fall out!!!!

I was driving a lady to another airport, a little over an hour away, she is on the phone with her husband. She says "oh stop talking I have to go, you are distracting the driving". I looked at her after she hung up, I said I was fine, she said "it's okay I didn't want to talk to him anymore" I didn't mean to but I cracked up.

I spent 8 days with 2 of my boys who had not seen each other in 3 years. I also got to finally meet my youngest granddaughter who turned 9 months on her Daddy's 23 birthday. What a blast!! She is a precious little thing who is so happy and laughs all the time.

4 comments:

  1. What a perfect December Fly on the Wall. Stories about how your work keeps you laughing and your family keeps you smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited you finally got to see Baby Girl! I know you were thrilled! And your sliders are what's for supper here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photos capturing all the reunions! Such awesome smiles all around. LOVE gouda, those sandwiches look darn tasty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet little girl. I'm glad you finally got to meet your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete