Monday, December 19, 2016

Banana Pudding CAKE

A few days ago W posted on my FB page. A photo of a cake, banana pudding cake. But it had no recipe. I did an internet search and found dozens of recipes. From simple to extravagant, light to decadent but none looked like the photo, and let's be honest, my cakes  are DELICIOUS but rarely are they beautiful. I'm not a decorator when it comes to cakes and I'm okay with that. 
My grandmother always said that the uglier a cake was, the better it tasted. Well I can attest to this, because when I've had some UGLY cakes, they've tasted FANtastic.
So...I found a recipe that I liked the most and tweaked it. You knew that was coming, right? Plus I didn't want to spend HOURS working on this one cake. I did actually spend about 2 1/2 hours but let me tell you, it was worth EVERY minute!
Now this is a perfect cake for summer picnics, church dinners, Sunday dinner, holidays or just because!
Banana Pudding CAKE
1 yellow cake mix
1 box banana cream pie instant pudding mix
1/2 cup milk
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup water
In a mixing bowl add the cake mix, water, oil, milk and eggs. Once it is mixed well, add the pudding package. Stir well.
Pour into 2 greased 8 inch round cake pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 28 minutes. (depending on your oven)
Pop the cakes out of the pans and brush with a mixture of :
1 TBSP evaporated milk
1 TBSP sweetened condensed milk

Slice a banana and lay the slices on each layer.

Mix a box of banana cream pie instant pudding, 1 1/4 cups milk and whisk well. Next stir in 1 oz ounce container of cool whip. Spread this over the banana layered cake, top with the second layer. Cover the second layer with milk mix, bananas and pudding mixture.
Allow this to set and cover with cool whip, top and sides. On the top add crushed Nilla wafers, about 15. Then around the sides add whole wafers. Place in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight IF you can wait that long!

ENJOY!!

This cake is decadent, light,fluffy, sweet and oh man slap yo momma good! So warn her! My Daddy loved my banana pudding and he would have loved this cake.

2 comments:

  1. Omg!!! Just reading it, excited me! I think this is going to be one of the Christmas desserts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an achievement, beautiful AND delicious!

    ReplyDelete