Monday, December 12, 2016

Bacon and Potato Soup

I returned home on Wednesday evening, late much later than I wanted, and on Friday I made a big pot of homemade potato soup. Now here's the crazy thing. I sent W a text and asked him what he wanted for supper. I gave a suggestion and his reply was "how about soup or chili and grilled cheese. It's cold" I thought WHAT??? Since when do you eat soup? Plus he doesn't eat vegetables what type of soup could I possibly fix?

OH YES potato, he loves potatoes. So I asked "what about potato soup?" and he agreed.

I love potato soup and what better way to fix it than to load it up. Potatoes, bacon, cheese oh my!

Thankfully he loved the soup and of course my son did as well. Stay tuned later this week and see what I did with the leftovers!! OH MAN you're going to love it I promise.
Bacon and Potato Soup
2-3 lbs of yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
8 oz bacon cooked crispy and crumbled
8 oz heavy cream
1/2 stick butter
garlic powder
onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
parsley flakes 1 TBSP
1 cup whole milk
32 oz chicken broth
2-3 cups of water

In a large pot place the butter and diced potatoes in. Add the spices and stir around for 10 minutes then add the broth and water. Allow to cook for 20-30 minutes. When the potatoes are done, mash them partially but not completely. In a bowl add the cream and a ladle of soup to temper the cream, stir and add another ladle then pour in to the pot. Do the same with the milk. Stir in the bacon and allow the soup to simmer for another 10 minutes. Top with shredded cheese and green onion if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment