Monday, October 10, 2016

Cow Tails and Nuts:Oct:Trick and Treats #BlogWithFriends

Are you indecisive? We are, as we I mean me. But our group this month had a terrible time picking a theme for #BlogWithFriends! We went back and forth several times and decided on "Trick and Treats". Since my kids are grown and gone plus I live out in the boonies I have no reason to go all out for Halloween this year. (Be sure to scroll down and check out the other projects).
However, I do love treats and Fall. Plus who needs a kid to make something ooey and gooey?? Not this chick!

In the past I've done some "Halloween" themed food that got mixed reviews. Some were cute, some were gross and some made friends and relatives think I had totally lost my mind. Bahahahaa
You can check those out if you like: Boogers On A Stick, Bones, Monster Mash and Graveyard Dessert.
For these delicious treats I used cowtales. Not familiar with them? They are a delicious caramel stick with a white nugget center, from my childhood. I added pecans finely chopped as the "nuts" LOL

CowTails and Nuts - Cookies
2 cups brown sugar
1 stick butter, unsalted room temp
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
Beat these ingredients together until smooth and creamy
Sift in the following:
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
Beat in:
3 cups oats
2 TBSP nutella or whatever spread you would like
Lastly stir in by hand:
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
4 oz of CowTales thinly sliced

Drop by the TBSP onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes for crunchy and 10 for soft cookies at 350 degrees.


3 comments:

  1. OMG, THAT'S what cow tails are? I didn't know.
    So candy and nutella. Yup, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound awesome! They're full of all the right kinds of stuff! YuM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought to do this! My kids would love making this "concoction!" :)

    ReplyDelete