Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Triple Treat Brownies: Back to School and Off the Streets:Sept poetry

What do you need for back to school? Well, lots of school supplies, clothes or uniforms, lunch boxes or money for lunches, field trip permission slips, updated medical information and the list goes on.

What else? Treats! For after school, on those test days send a special something in their lunch box, except for those kids too cool to take a homemade lunch. LOL

But if you are like us, it is still to dang hot to bake using the oven. So how about using your slow cooker? What, use a slow cooker/crock pot? Oh yes you can! I promise. I did it.
I wanted something sweet so bad. I also could NOT justify using the oven when it was a freakin' 104 degrees outside! So I thought, hey! I've seen people post about baking bread in their slow cooker, why not cakes, bread, brownies??? Oh my! So I wanted to do all of the above but there were just not enough hours in the day. THEN I said "WAIT" I have 3 yes 3 slow cookers! SO, you guessed it. I broke out all 3 and did 3 recipes in one day. This is just one of those.

For LOTS of tips and details on slow cooker baking, you might want to read THIS post.

This post is also part of the monthly poetry group post. At the end of my post you will find links to everyone participating. Be sure to stop by!

Triple Treat Brownies (slow cooker baking)
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup baking cocoa
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup coconut oil
4 oz chopped chocolate
1 cup sugar
3 beaten eggs
1 cup nuts (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips
Melt the margarine, mix it with the coconut oil and eggs in a large bowl. Next stir in the sugar, next the baking cocoa. Then combine all the dry ingredients left and stir in gently. Fold in the chopped chocolate, chips and nuts. Pour into a greased/sprayed slow cooker that has been preheated. IF like me, you have already used the crock and it is hot, bake on low for 2 hours. If it is cold, turn on HIGH while you prepare the batter then turn on LOW. Bake for 3 hours, 2 1/2 covered and 1/2 hour uncovered.
 Because the brownies are gooey, if you turn it upside down right away, they will fall apart and you will have a mess. I did. LOL So you might allow it to cool, then slice with a plastic knife and use a silicon or non metal spatula to remove them.
SUPER moist and gooey.

Back To School and Off The Streets
Summer has ended
and I'm still alive
living in the hood
is not for a nice guy
School is starting
and my days are filled
with work, books and life skills
I keep my head down
and try to disappear
they follow me home
and threaten me still
I just want out
I want to live
a life that is not filled
with fear, dread and death
Will I make it out
I don't know
but I refuse to give up
and becomes one of the Gills
I will not kill
I will not steal
I will run and not grow weary
I will get out
maybe dead
maybe alive
but for now I hide
in school all day
and at home by night

5 comments:

  1. That poem is powerful.
    And those brownies look absolutely delish! I like my brownies gooey and yours look perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So gooey in fact that I dropped a chunk in the floor! I was so upset!
      The poem just happened. I sat down and BAM there it was. I love when that happens.

      Delete
  2. The first two lines say it all. I'm still alive! Really cute!

    ReplyDelete