Friday, September 2, 2016

Spicy Chopped Pork: First of Five: Sept 2016

First of Five...how about we talk about movies this month. What are your favorite movies? Is there a particular genre you watch more than others?

If you had to pick one movie that you could watch over and over again, what would it be? For me... "That Thing You Do" is my ultimate favorite movie. I could watch that every week forever.

Here are my TOP 5 movies:
That Thing You Do
Never Been Kissed
First 50 Dates
We Were Soldiers
Facing The Giants

Okay that was more difficult that I thought. There are so many great movies out there but as you can tell, I love Drew Barrymore and her movies. I was never a fan of Adam Sandler until I saw First 50 Dates and The Longest Yard (remake) and he kind of grew on me.

Movie genres that are NOT my thing:
horror
sappy
documentaries
x rated
hard core blood and guts

Movie food:
popcorn
candy
nachos
a cold one (water, soda, beer, you choose)
pizza

Speaking of food, how about this?

Spicy Chopped Pork over Rice
4 large center bone in pork chops
coat in Texas Pete
sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, white ground pepper
a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil
cover and cook/steam
When tender, pull bones and chop the meat
Serve over rice
Yes it was that simple and delicious.
 
That the First of Five for this month. Hope you have a fantastic Friday, a wonderful weekend and Spectacular September!

1 comment:

  1. I always look forward to your First of Five posts. My favorite movie is Dirty Dancing. My favorite movie food is popcorn. Sometimes I'll change it up and serve Caramel Corn!
    Delicious looking recipe, as usual!

    ReplyDelete