Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Wonderful Wacky Weird Days - Poetry Challenge

Before I run you off with my attempt at poetry, I will keep you here with this amazingly wonderful moist cake!

Fresh Blueberry Tangy Lemon Bundt and yes I'm obsessed with my bundt pan. I really do love using my Pampered Chef bundt pan, and no I'm not being paid to say so. I truly love the thing. It bakes perfectly even every single time and I like how the cake looks, plus you don't use as much frosting or glaze when it's not a layer cake. Okay, I know you're laughing because you've seen some of my cakes and I PILE on the frosting, but this one needed just a tad because I didn't want to over power the delicious fresh blueberries and the tang of lemon. It cleans up in a snap and speaking of snap...it's a springform pan. 
I had to slice it up and place it in a air tight container because a hoard of ants moved into my kitchen and they were NOT getting my cake!
 This cake is as simple as it is delicious. I used local fresh blueberries and some store bought stuff to create a delicate deliciously moist cake that was gone in less than 2 days. Yep, you could say they enjoyed it. One of my favorites so far this year but of course it has two of my favorite things, blueberries and lemons!

1 box Lemon Supreme Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 small box lemon instant pudding
1 lemon, juiced and zested (use for glaze)
1 stick butter, unsalted, melted
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk (I use unsweetened original Almond Milk)
5 eggs
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries

In a large bowl mix your cake mix and pudding mix, combine well. Next add your wet ingredients, stir well but don't over mix. Lastly add the blueberries. Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool and drizzle with glaze.
1 cup powdered sugar
1 TBSP lemon juice and zest
Stir well and drizzle on top!
ENJOY

W ild 
A dventures
C amping
K ooky songs
Y owling like coyotes

W hen we were young
E verything was fun
I n time we grew
R ealizing adulthood sucks
D reaming of days gone by

D aring to look forward
A sking ourselves questions
Y awing at our own answers
S eeking wisdom and yet to find it

What did that have to do with "wacky weird holidays"? Absolutely nothing unless it is March 15th which is National Camp Fire day OR today August 10th is National S'more Day!!!
MyUntangledLife had this great photo!
Be sure to check out the other links, listed below to see what great poetic prowess they dropped on us this month.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. Nice job, love how you spelled it out. And the picture is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this poem. You rocked a really difficult theme. Sure put my poem to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! Weird, Wacky. And entirely on topic! :)
    Hmmm . . . S'Mores day. That I can get behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Weird, Wacky. And entirely on topic! :)
    Hmmm . . . S'Mores day. That I can get behind!

    ReplyDelete