Monday, August 15, 2016

The Kitchen Sink

I'm still recovering and getting super bored, which means the healing is finally in process. I want to get out of the house but the heat is unbearable. My a/c in the car is out and my top will not go down. Ugh! So not happy about all this. oh well, so I'm staying in. Why you ask? Because the incision seeps and swells more when I get too hot. With a heat index of 108+ the last few days, inside is where I'm staying. 
I am feeling well enough that I FINALLY had REAL food! Yes I had been on a liquid diet but am finally able to swallow so this means real food. I was so excited. On Friday I ate some fried potatoes and grits. Saturday I ate scrambled eggs, potatoes and had some summer squash sauteed. Not all at the same time just in case you were wondering. I was on a roll!
Sunday I made a wonderful little dish I'm calling "the kitchen sink". It is so simple but I know will be a repeat. You can vary what's in it but here is what I did...

The Kitchen Sink
2 small red potatoes, sliced thin
1/2 small red baby bell pepper
1/2 small onion
minced glove garlic
1/2 tsp each: onion, paprika, cumin, pepper, salt, chili powder
Saute all of the above in a couple tablespoons of coconut oil 
When the veggies are tender:
2 whipped eggs, pour over the veggies
When the egg is set top with:
cheddar cheese
1-2 slices crispy crumbled bacon
Oh yeah babe! ENJOY

I loved it and will make it again and again but with whatever veggies I have in the fridge, maybe some leftover ground beef crumbed in or sausage. I might go onions, peppers, potatoes, mozzarella, Italian sausage and throw in some oregano or fresh basil!! Oh and tomatoes! Like I said, you can change it up to suit your needs.

You will see several new recipes coming soon due to my being bedridden. My mind goes crazy and I have all sorts of recipes written down that I plan on creating. My creative juices have been on overdrive. Maybe just the boost I needed. Stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. Laying around may have you bored but it sure brought out your recipe developing skills. I can SO see this as a favorite breakfast for dinner recipe,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am a perfect anytime of the day meal. And super easy which is the best. It was so yummy I did it again later that same day. LOL mmm mmm good

      Delete