Friday, August 12, 2016

Taco Pasta: Life is but a vapor: UYW

A quick simple meal for those who love meat, pasta and cheese but don't tell, there's tomatoes hidden inside! Yep, I said tomatoes, but shhh don't tell W, he never even noticed. Win

One box elbows, cooked and drained
One pound ground beef cooked with the following spices
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Onion powder
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Pepper
1 tsp Parsley
Six tablespoons salsa (put in AFTER the meat and noodles are done, then combine)
Two cups shredded cheese (stir in lastly)

We never know in advance what words we will receive but this month's were timely and right where I am.

Having had thyroid surgery one week ago, August 4th, and it being very invasive. I was nervous
The analysis from my biopsy were questionably confusing, inconclusive. That's what it said. That was NOT what I wanted to hear.
The lump now being called a tumor had really grown and was causing me some serious issues.
The surgery went very smoothly and the surgeon said he saved my thyroid, only a small section was removed. The vocal cords and nerves, which the tumor had also attached to, were unharmed during surgery.
But as I found myself four days after surgery still unable to talk and now with a raging infection on the site, my surgeon said "huh, surgery went so well." REALLY that's your response?? If I could, I would have screamed.
He went to work, scrubbing, debriding the area and took a culture to see what type of infection had invaded my body so viciously. The pain was...well I have a HIGH tolerance and almost passed out, so you can imagine. My poor mom, she faints at a paper cut but she sat there with me like a trooper.She didn't look but she stayed in the room.
Now four days since that, I still have no voice. Still can't eat and the infection rages on.
It is slowly improving and I am increasingly concerned about my voice not returning. I could not work at my job if I could not talk to the customers. What will I do? So as not to panic, I am assuring myself all will be fine it just takes time.
Why did I say, Life is but a vapor? It is. It is here and gone. My pathology report came back and it is NOT cancer! But there was a precious 11 year old boy in surgery the same morning as me and his prognosis was not good, he did not have good news. We blink and we're gone. Enjoy life, tell the ones you love how you feel, laugh, enjoy what you enjoy. Eat dessert first, have cake for breakfast, stop and smell the roses, feel the breeze, hug a baby, pet a kitty, ride with the windows down radio turned up and singing at the top of your lungs because we never know and there is no reboot button on life.
So, that's that. Today my words were:
That's ~ questionably ~ nervous ~ analysis  ~ really
They were submitted by:  http://sparklyjenn.blogspot.com/

Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.

At the end of this post you’ll find links to the other blogs featuring this challenge. Check them all out, see what words they got and how they used them. 

Links to the other “Use Your Words” posts:

Baking In A Tornado                        http://www.bakinginatornado.com
Southern Belle Charm                            http://www.southernbellecharm.com                   
The Bergham Chronicles                    http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com
The Diary of an Alzheimer’s Caregiver        http://www.thediaryofanalzheimerscaregiver.com/blog.html   
On the Border                                 http://dlt-lifeontheranch.blogspot.com/ 
Confessions of a part time working mom     http://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/ 
Sparkly Poetic Weirdo                           http://sparklyjenn.blogspot.com/ 
Never Ever Give Up Hope                    http://batteredhope.blogspot.com 
Climaxed                                           http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com  
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy               http://dinoheromommy.com/             

8 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. Such a wrenching experience! And such good advice. Live now. You don't know how many tomorrows there will be.
    Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled for you, heartbroken for the little boy and think adding salsa to the recipe is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "life has no reboot button" - you're so right.
    I think you just need to be patient.

    A customer's wife had surgery, and they accidentally cut into her vocal cords. She was told she might never be able to talk again, or she might recover partly. Whenever she called our office she would whisper. One day somebody who had the same last name like her, called. When I hung up, I ran over to my coworker and said "I think I just spoke to Mrs W and didn't realise it was her because she was actually using her voice again!!!" Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What an awesome take on the USE YOUR WORDS post. I feel your words deeply and appreciate everything you said -- we are here but for a moment and I always try to remember that in some respect every day. I am glad it was not cancer and saddened to hear about that young boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing - and totally agree life is too short cherish what we have while we're on this magical marble!

    Here's hoping you heal fast friend. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thrilled you're going to be okay! I lost my voice one time for 3 months because I had gotten choked and then it got infected. It was horrible I feel for you. I lived on Popsicles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect way to use your words. I am so relieved that it's not the C word. Prayers answered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you recover well and the allergic reaction has subsided some!

    ReplyDelete