Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Creamy Cheesy Chicken Roll Ups

I know it's too hot to use the oven but I created this recipe back in the winter...made it, ate it and forgot to post it! LOL

I know, I know, I call myself a food blogger and I FORGOT to post a recipe! BUT I did post this photo on my FaceBook and a friend asked for the link/recipe and I discovered my "faux paus" imagine my embarrassment. So this is to rectify my goof. Thanks for asking me for the recipe Eva!

Potato May LOVED this recipe and so did I. The first time it was a little runny so I cut back on the liquid the second time.

I had seen lasagna rolls and thought, what if I use chicken instead. Then I thought why use red sauce, how about something creamy...oh and cheesy. YES, that was the ticket! Hope you enjoy this as much as we did. It will be a regular come cooler weather.

Creamy Cheesy Chicken Roll Ups
9 lasagna noodles
2-3 cups leftover rotisserie chicken, shredded
cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup Parmesan grated cheese
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 TBSP parsley flakes
1 tsp garlic powder
provolone cheese, 9 slices
6 cups water and the rotisserie chicken bones

In a large pot pour the water and drop in the chicken bones. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30-45 minutes. Drain or spoon out the bones and skin. Use this broth in other dishes as well as this. You can freeze the leftovers or store in the fridge for approximately 7-10 days safely.
Shred the chicken, mix in the Parmesan cheese and set aside. In a large pot boil the lasagna noodles in the broth or in water. I use broth because it adds more flavor.
 Lay out your noodles and place 1/3 cup of chicken on one end, Then roll. Place in a 9 inch casserole dish, repeat until you have all 9 complete.
In a bowl, mix spices, 1/2 cup of broth and cream of chicken soup. Pour this over the rolls. Top with Provolone cheese. Pour the soup mix over the cheese and pop in the oven. 350 degrees until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Approximately 20 minutes.
Allow to cool slightly so the "sauce" thickens. I served mine with garlic bread and salad.
You could use a 13x9 pan and make more rolls. I didn't need a pan that large. Do what works for your family.

ENJOY

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you made something this delicious sounding and forgot to post it! I love the use of rotisserie chicken, it makes putting the dish together so much easier. Can't wait to try it this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so funny, I created the photo collage and even put it on my SOP FB, I swear I thought I had posted the recipe. I did have it in draft but I vaguely remember deleting it , thinking it was in one of our Friday posts. LOL nope it wasn't. Oh well, here it is.
      Hope you enjoy it, I sure did.

      Delete