Friday, July 22, 2016

Milk-less pancakes and July FOTW

I woke up one morning in the mood for pancakes and was in the kitchen. Then I realize I have no milk, which by the way I only use Almond Milk, but either way I was out. Dang it, I REALLY wanted pancakes. So I set about trying to figure out making light fluffy delicious pancakes without milk. AND I DID IT! Oh yeah baby, you know it.
I cooked mine in a skillet with a dab of coconut oil, you can use a griddle or anything else you prefer but I like mine light, fluffy and with a little crispy edge. Don't judge... 
Don't they look great?

Pancakes
2 eggs
2 TBSP coconut oil
1 cup water
2 1/4 c baking mix
1 TBSP vanilla
3 TBSP (heaping) of sugar
In a bowl beat 2 eggs and 1 cup of water, in a separate bowl combine all your dry ingredients and stir well, now add the dry slowly into the wet and stir well. Let the batter sit for about ten minutes then in a skillet with coconut oil cook them up! I added fresh blueberries just before flipping the pancake over. I found they cook better this way. I have put them IN the batter but placing them on the pancake just before flipping works better to me.
Last month I turned the big..cough 5 - 0. My oldest son, Jim and I were texting. This cracked me up!


Now enjoy the "Fly On The Wall" post. Today 10 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.
Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:
Juicebox Confession                    http://www.juiceboxconfession.com                           
Menopausal Mother                    http://www.menopausalmom.com/                                 
Searching for Sanity                      
Never Ever Give Up Hope             http://batteredhope.blogspot.com                        
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy         http://dinoheromommy.com/                    
Southern Belle Charm                   http://www.southernbellecharm.com                       
Go Mama O                                  http://www.gomamao.com

Late one night while talking with W about things that had been going on with the family.
He says, "you think I'm grumpy"
I laughed and said "No, I think I live with 1 man but 7 dwarfs"
He said "what?"
I said, "Yep, I never know who's coming home or some days you are all 7. Sleepy, Grump, Dopey, Sexy, Farty, Hungry, and Happy."
He said,"now who's crazy?"
Not me

If you follow me on INSTAGRAM you know I LOVE my kitty, Beau. Here are a few shots. He loves this shelf in the laundry room. Top right, he is loving on our boy, Jesse came over for a few days and Beau was in heaven.
Every since Potato May taught me how to use the snapchat filers, I'm like totally addicted! When I'm home alone, or late at night, I will flip over to snapchat and play around with the filters. Some I send to my Sissy, some are on my story. Others I promptly delete! LOL But this one I love! Someone told me I look like Rosie the Riveter. I'll take that. It's also a great way to try make up styles without having to actually put it on.
Here's a question for you ladies...does your sex life diminish in the summer? I was told "it's too freaking hot". Damn! Really? I'm turning the a/c to 65 tonight. 
Then a commercial comes on, for what? KY his and her gel!!! OMGosh really?

LMSP goes to school in a month, she is sooo excited! She was trying to tell me about open house and when she will meet her teacher. Look at her, she's grown up so much! And like her MiMi she is a huge animal lover.
Not a lot of "funny" stuff going on. I have pretty much done nothing but work, sleep and go to the doctor. Hopefully next month will be funnier!

3 comments:

  1. ADORED the pic of LMSP and her dog. Hope you are feeling better by next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how big LMSP is getting. When did that happen?
    And I just love those snap chat pics. I laugh every time you post one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know, some of the snapchats just creep me out. LOVE the emoji translation....Perfect for the big 5-000000000000000000

    ReplyDelete