Tuesday, July 5, 2016

BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese, Cooking Inspiration and Quotes

My friend Karen set an open challenge to any of the bloggers interested. I said, count me in. The challenge is to list 3 quotes you live by or that inspire you. Karen's post can be found HERE

Of course I'm also sharing a recipe and I used leftovers, so it's quick, easy, delicious and frugal!!


Three quotes I live by, that inspire me or that I just really love:


I'm a perfect size 6, I just keep it covered with a layer of fat for protection.
By: Beverly Johnson
Oh Beverly knows me so well, that is my story and I'm sticking with. Yes, a layer or two or three for protection!

I am a book worm. I love reading almost as much as I love cooking and that love has been passed on to my children. When we were homeschooling it was mandatory for them to read 25, 50, 75 and 100 books each year, depending on their age. All books had to be at their reading level or higher to count. There was always a list of at least 25 books that were a must and the rest could be for pleasure, but mom approved. 
I read this quote in a book one time and it stuck with me. I was raised by a worrier and she was raised by a worrier so I in turn became one. Until I read this quote and decided NO MORE. Do I succeed everyday? No, but I look at my rocking chair and remember that it may keep me busy but it will never take me anywhere AND worrying has NEVER changed the outcome of any problem so why do it?

And yes, Bev wrote this with me in mind, not really but it sounded good. I have often said that my blog is an extension of my creative outlet which is really creating recipes and cooking.

Yeah yeah I know, that's more than three, but like Karen, I have trouble following the rules.
I saw a commercial where they used mayo instead of butter to grill a sandwich. I thought...that's crazy but W said, it's good you should do it. So I did and WOW you really can't tell the difference. I put mayo on one slice of bread and placed it face down in a non-stick skillet. Then I placed a slice of cheese, leftover bbq chicken, another slice of cheese, then topped with a slice of bread that had butter on it. Flipped and ta-da!
YUMMY!
Give it a try and tell me what you think. The next time I run out of butter, and yes it does happen, I could still enjoy a grilled cheese. Good to know!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Perfect quotes. And a delicious recipe. I'm always happy after I read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it makes you happy! That's a great compliment. And this recipe, oh so good, I've done it twice now. Gotta use up that chicken :)

      Delete