Monday, July 11, 2016

A lunch to "Chill" with and #BlogWithFriends

HOT HOT HOT OMGosh, Eastern North Carolina is hot and humid!! Way back in June, on the 23rd to be exact it was over 100 degrees with heat indexes of over 105. Imagine a wet HOT blanket wrapped around your head, that's what it feels like. Seriously.
This last week, the first week in July, we had temperatures in the 100's with the heat index of 105-110. DANG you talk about melting...that's how I felt.

This post is part of the monthly "Blog With Friends" and if you will scroll to the bottom you'll find their projects and links. But first check out my recipe! Perfect for this hot weather.
SO....with that in mind. (all the HEAT)I need to chill. Especially when it comes to lunch. I don't want to leave work and get in a hot car, so I have been bringing my lunch. However, I'm not a fan of using a microwave and I love salads. I also love pasta salad. I thought about it and decided to make a tortellini antipasto salad. I made this on a Sunday, let it "chill" and ate it all week long!

1 bag frozen tri color tortellini (cook according to package)drain
1/2 jar sliced olives
2-3 tablespoons Sweet N Hot sliced salad peppers
1 jar drained, Italian Mix Giardiniera mix
1/4 cup Italian zesty salad dressing
8 oz diced Canadian Bacon (I was going to use Salami as it fit better but the fat and calorie content is very high so I opted for this)

Very simple, I drained and tossed in a bowl the olives, giardiniera mix, pepper rings and cooked the tortellini. Once that was done, which only took a few minutes, drained and added to the bowl. Stir well, add in the diced bacon, salami or whatever you choose, add the dressing, mix and chill.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BLOG WITH FRIENDS!!

http://www.bakinginatornado.com/2016/07/blog-with-friends-chewy-orange.html

http://www.clutteredgenius.com/find-your-chill/

http://www.thelieberfamily.com/2016/07/chillin-triptych-diy.html

link


2 comments:

  1. I've made tortellini salad before but I'd never thought of adding some of these ingredients. I can't wait to try this one. Bet it becomes my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love summer salads! I really ought to make more. This is going in the rotation next week!

    ReplyDelete