I have a delicious new recipe! Baked not fried so it's less fattening. It is really very simple to do and I absolutely loved it. You can leave off the creamy sauce if you want to drop some calories but you will miss out on a ton of flavor.
Crispy Cheesy Chicken
1/2 cup milk, I used almond milk
1 TBSP parsley flakes
1 -2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
Stir well in a bowl or shallow plate for dipping
Second bowl or plate, have 1/2 - 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Third plate, 1 1/2 cup sharp shredded cheese
3 large boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-3 pieces
Dip in the milk, then the crumbs, milk and then cheese. Place in a baking dish. I sprinkled the cheese on top that did not stick.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the interior of the meat reads at least 165 degrees. It's not a good idea to eat raw chicken.
While the chicken is baking prepare the sauce:
1 can low sodium reduced fat cream of chicken soup
2 TBSP butter
2 TBSP sour cream
fresh cracked black pepper
Place these ingredients in a small sauce pan and simmer while the chicken is cooking. Serve over the chicken, pasta, rice or potatoes.
Today’s post is this month’s Funny Friday, a regular feature published on the last Friday of every month. Funny Friday is a collaborative project. Each month one of the participants submits a picture, then we all write 5 captions or thoughts inspired by that month’s picture. Links to the other bloggers’ posts are below, click on them and see what they’ve come up with. I hope we bring a smile to your face as you start your weekend.
Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by Dinosaur Superhero Mommy (http://dinoheromommy.com/)
1. No mommy a tornado did NOT go through this room, you're so silly.
2. I leave the room for 2 minutes! 2, count them TWO minutes AND he manages to do this?!
3. But mommy, you said "Keep yourself busy... I did"
4. What? he says... mom walks out of the room, shaking her head and muttering to herself.
5. THIS yes THIS is why I said ONE kid when we had a boy! Mom sends the text and photo to Dad at work. He opens his phone and ROTFL his staff looks at him like he's lost his mind. Then he shares the photo. The men laugh, the single girls gasp, the moms pass out and say a prayer for their fellow mom at home.
Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:
http://dinoheromommy.com/ Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
http://notthatsarahmichelle.blogspot.com Not That Sarah Michelle
http://www.southernbellecharm.com Southern Belle Charm
http://mollyritterbeck.com/ Molly Ritterbeck