Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Little Susie Sunshine: Poetry with Sunshine Cake and Happy BIG 50 to Me!

Our monthly poetry post and our theme is "Sun" or "Sunshine" because let's be honest, Summer is upon us, the weather is heating up and our days are long and bright. So how about a round cake that looks and taste like sunshine? (Be sure to scroll to the bottom and check out the other links)
AND....

Today is my
I had planned on being to my "goal weight" by today but unfortunately life side tracked me and then my health has gone nuts. If it's not one thing it's ten. I really wanted to be Fit, Fabulous and Fifty BUT the way I see it, I have 9 years of 50's to make it happen, right? 

I made myself a cake, did you see it? (yeah I know NOT the way to stay fit, but it IS my birthday) A picture is worth a thousand words but a taste of this is worth TEN thousand words! But at the first bite all anyone could say was "OMGosh this is the BEST cake!" Oh yeah!! And yes, I used another cake mix in a box, I know I'm getting lazy but DANG it was so freakin' good! Potato May said "OMFreakinGosh Dawn this is THE moistest cake every, OMG this is good! Damn!" I was like "Travis!" He said, "sorry but it's that good". Well now. I have to say, we had a slice and were all sitting around looking at it, my son Jesse said "You want another slice don't you?" I laughed and said "yes". We all jumped up and had a second slice. Yes we did.

So pull up a chair, pour yourself some coffee or a glass of ice cold lemonade, dream of this cake and read all the other bloggers links and poetry. Now I'm off to enjoy my BIRTHDAY!
Sunshine Cake or as we joking called it Crack! Because it was that addictive.
1 box Duncan Hines french vanilla cake mix
1 small box instant french vanilla pudding mix
4 eggs
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1/2 cup strawberry mango moscato wine (Arbor Mist)
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup oil
Mix the cake mix, pudding and sugars together in the mixing bowl, add the eggs and blend, now all the liquids. Mix well for 3-4 minutes. Spray a bundt pan and pour in the batter. Bake for 45-55 minutes at 350 degrees
When you remove the cake leave it in the pan for a few minutes while you cook the glaze, now this will not be thick and will soak into the cake while it is hot.
Take a small sauce pan:
1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup strawberry mango wine 
On low simmer until all is melted and reduced a tad. Pour over the HOT CAKE - about 1/2 the mix, Flip the cake onto a cake pan and pour the remaining liquid on the cake. It will soak in and not be mushy. Allow the cake to cool slightly, slice and eat warm! It is delicious cold and the next day but the BEST slice is hot!
Little Susie Sunshine
ran outside to play
seeing a butterfly
if only she may
catch one on her finger
and be still so it will linger
but alas
the sun is bright
the wind is light
her little pigtails bob
as she runs down a log
the flowers are blooming
and fun is booming
school is out
the days are longer
and fun is around every corner
puppies and kittens lapping at her toes
she giggles and wrinkles her nose
Sun
Fun
and happy memories to make
Little Susie Sunshine
is about to bake
in she goes
until the next day
her face glows
she sleeps well
and in the morning
she will tell
all about her adventures
to her dollies
her mommy
and her friends.

The other bloggers poetry links:
Karen at "Baking In A Tornado"
Jules at "The Bergham Chronicles"
Candice at "Measures of Merriment"
Lydia at "Cluttered Genius"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Great imagery! Totally reminds me of my daughter. Awesome poem, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your poem, it reminds me of the carefree times of childhood. And that cake? Oh - Em - Gee. That looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love your poem!! This cake looks so yummy!! Very interesting ingredients. Definitely a must try!!

    ReplyDelete