Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Ground Beef Stir Fry and Did you know...

One night I prepared W a burger and Potato May and myself had a quick stir fry. I used the lean ground beef that I already had thawed. I figured while not. I mean you use beef, chicken, seafood, why not ground beef. I have done it before and it turned out great. Very simple.
I cooked some rice, this way W could have his hamburger patty over rice with gravy. We had rice with our stir fry.
1 lb lean ground beef
1 tsp fish sauce
1 TBSP soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp onion
1 tsp ginger
Mix well and pour over the cooked beef. Stir in a bag of frozen veggies, I used a bag with peas, pea pods, baby corn and carrots. Cook until the veggies are done, stir well and serve over rice.

I get these wild hairs every now and again. Strange thoughts that pop in my head and I run with them. I remember seeing an article years ago about strange state laws. So I decided to look it up again and well, here's what I found.

Did you know...there are some very interesting and down right weird facts about every town, city and state in America. Don't believe me, look up where you live. Find myths, legends, folklore and hoe-cum.
We used to live in Cumberland County for years and it is illegal to tie your donkey to a post on Main Street on Sunday's. You are not allowed to spit on the sidewalks and elephants are not allowed in town.
There is a legend, we heard it growing up but I guess it has died out, about a railroad track not far from my parent's home. That one nights that the moon is full and it is foggy, you will see a lantern shine on the tracks, it swings back and forth and you'll hear the faint cry of a man but no one is around. Used to scare the bee gee zus out of me when we were little.
In NC it is illegal to use elephants to plow cotton fields.

It is against the law to sing off key...I know a BUNCH of folks going to the pokie at the local Tuesday and Thursday night karaoke bars! It is a felony, yes a FELONY to steal more than a $1000 of grease. YES you read that right, grease. It is illegal to drive on the sidewalk. It is illegal to visit a grave yard after midnight. Women are forbidden to wear less than 16 yards of clothing, meaning Daisy Dukes are illegal. It is illegal for Grandma to get intoxicated at Bingo but it is also illegal to serve alcohol at Bingo events. I guess that means no brown bagging for Granny. Rollerblading in the sun is illegal so I guess the law about NOT rollerblading on highways means on the sidewalk at night?
That's just to name a few. You can look up your state and see what weird laws were never abolished and some counties have their's listed as well.

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/weird-state-laws

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Damn, better cancel that elephant I just ordered.
    Love the idea of stir frying hamburg, looks like a quick and easy dinner.

    ReplyDelete