Monday, June 27, 2016

Dreamsicle Cake and 4 years of blogging

Life has been so hectic until I totally missed my own blogiversary. Yep, the anniversary of my blog. It was on June 18th, four years, and I missed it! I realized it a few days after the fact but have been busy and wanted to have a moment to think and consider just exactly WHAT I was going to do for it.

Of course I knew cake would be involved and a walk down memory lane. In the four years since I started this blog a lot has happened.
My youngest son graduated from high school, went to college, left college, got engaged, join the Air Force, got married and became a dad. My middle son graduated from Paul Mitchell, moved from NC to GA and back to NC. He has changed career thoughts several times and is considering school again. My oldest son got married, had a near death accident and started a new job.

So as you can tell, I went from a full house to an empty nest. I moved from NC to GA, got divorced after 25 years of marriage and moved back to NC. I was reunited with my high school crush and we have spent the last 18 months enjoying life and love. I went from an empty nest to a full house again and now full circle, empty again. Being divorced meant having to take care of myself, I started college and went to work. There have been way to many health scares in the last 8 months and it seems they are not over but I'm confident that all will be well.
This blog went from a place to drop by recipes for family and friends to product reviews, writing challenges, fattening decadent foods to clean eating and back again. You have watched me grow, learn and change. There was a lot of pressure on me to "make money" and blogging lost it's draw, fun. I barely posted anything for about 8 months due to living with my mom and now I'm back to posting 2-3 times a week AND for fun!

In the beginning I did not understand scheduling and spreading out my post. Funny I look back and see I posted 2-4 recipes at a time on one post. I've considering going back and separating them but I like it, it shows growth and change.

Curious? Here is my first ever post HERE, this post has the most views of any thing I've ever done! HERE over 53,000 views!

My blogiversary cake...Dreamsicle Cake was FAN Freakin'Tastic! And you can have it too!:
Dreamsicle Cake
Duncan Hines orange supreme cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup concentrated frozen orange juice,thawed
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1 box cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix
In a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and then slowly add the wet ingredients. I mix those together in a separate bowl and then pour in. Mix batter until nice and smooth and thick. Pour into a greased bundt pan or two 9 inch round. Bake at 350 degrees until done, about 35 minutes depending on your oven. Follow the cake mix box instructions for time and temperature if using a different size pan.
Frosting:
Betty Crocker whipped cream frosting in a can (yes I did) and 2 TBSP OJ concentrate, mix well and put into a zip top bag. Squeeze out the air and snip the corner off. Squirt over cooled cake, as much or as little as you want. I went a little crazy. 

If you're new, I participate in several writing challenges, a Crazy Ingredient Challenge, poetry group post, a "blog with friends" once a month and several times a year there is a Progressive Story group that I am honored to be part of.

I have lost some of the dearest members of my family and gained 3 grandbabies. In life there is death and in birth there is promise. I hope you have enjoyed this journey with me and that you will continue to stop by. Thank you to all my wonderful friends, family and blog community! I love you all <3

You can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. First of all, happy blogiversary, dear Dawn!
    I have been a reader for about two of them, and I have seen you going through ups and downs. Thank you for sharing parts of your life here!
    I'll have a piece of that cake on my way out, OK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cake was soooo good! Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  2. It sounds to me like you are a survivor, Dawn! Welcome to the club. There are a lot of us out here on the www. Love this cake recipe and will have to make it. I love anything in a Bundt pan. I can't eat it (or much of it) but I love the way they look and turn out.

    Wishes for tasty dishes,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I have really used my bundt pan more in the last 4 months than in the last year. It is so easy and seems to go quicker than if I do a regular cake. go figure.

      Delete
  3. So many changes, but I love where you are now. I knew your blogiversary was right around now, you started 4 days after I did! And I knew you'd have a fabulous cake to celebrate the occasion. A woman after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the first time I read your FB page. It was in my "pages you might like" and your status cracked me up. I went to your blog and instantly became a fan!

      Delete