Friday, June 17, 2016

Chilli Mac and FOTW

I love quick and easy meals. This is a "go to" meal for me, add a salad, maybe some garlic or cheesy bread and you're done. You could always just eat this big beautiful bowl full of deliciousness and call it done. W does as he is not a salad person. I love a big salad but I also enjoy a nice thick slice of Texas toast smeared with garlic butter and sprinkled with cheese, baked and oh man! Yeah I can eat that with just about anything, especially this bowl of chilli mac. And yes, I spelled it that way on purpose.

Chilli Mac
8 oz elbow macaroni, cook and drain, set aside
8 oz tomato sauce
1 lb lean ground beef
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp onion powder
1 TBSP parsley flakes
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cayenne powder
1 tsp paprika 

I cooked the ground beef in a pot, drained the fat. Added the spices and sauteed a few more minutes. Then added the tomato sauce. While I was doing this I boiled the mac and drained it. Once the meat and sauce was thick and had time for the flavors to marry, about 12 minutes. I added the noodles. Stirred well. W added cheese to the top of his. I served this with a big salad. Quick and easy meal. Delicious and sure to please.

Ready for some Fly On The Wall...
Okay, do you have a guilty pleasure? A TV show or movie that you just love but wouldn't want your friends to know? Mine used to be PLL...yep Pretty Little Liars. I watched it on Netflix but never told anyone. My son found it on the DVR one day and was like "MOM! are YOU watching this?" I said, "NO I have no idea how that got there" LOL Okay...yes I am. He shook his head and walked out of the room. Disappointed that his level headed mom was watching teen drama. My life seems calm and tranquil compared to this show and it helps me check out for a while. Sad I know.

On a happier note...my little sweet pea is trying to roll over and loves to wear her shades! Isn't she sweet? YES
Of course, at the far right, is LMSP and Hulk. She loves this dog, such a vicious pit bull don't you think? LOL He is so loving and gentle with her. They were watching TV upside down.
I'm at WM at the self check out line. The machine says "please wait while an associate continues this transaction". Dang it. I have a wine cooler and they need to okay that I "look over 40". The cashier walks over, looks at me and says "umm no I don't think so" like the machine can hear her an will respond properly. I said, "well thanks but you need to put in a code."
She looks perplexed and says "I need to see your ID"
I said "REALLY?" and laughed.
She said "Well, it ask if you look OVER 40 and no you don't, not even 40."
I said "lady I turned 50 last week but thank you."
She looked at me and said "You've got to be kidding me right?"
I said, "nope kid you not" and told her my date of birth.
She said "okay, WOW", put in the code and then said, "you sure don't look it."
I said "THANK YOU you are now my favorite cashier."
Beau, my big old kitty, he loves to cuddle in the mornings but will hog the pillow. I'm hanging on the edge of the bed. Isn't he a beauty?
At graduation, there are these two men sitting behind us, the principal calls out a name, they cheer real loud, then one laughs and says "that was the wrong one" LOL the next name is called, they cheer again, and laugh. One says "okay we're done let's go" and they left. I was thinking wow, you sat out in this heat to cheer one time and then leave?!?! craziness

So far this month, I turned 50! My oldest son turned 29. Potato May graduated from high school. My little granddaughter, who will be 4 months old on the 21st, rolled over for the first time a few weeks ago and LMSP has lost more teeth. Life is on fast forward.
My doctor still has not released me to return to driving for work. It has been 3 months now. I miss my passengers and working in the office is fun, challenging and busy. However, this year we have lost 5 of our clients, that I used to transport. It's part of life, a nature of the beast so to speak, but it is never easy.

My big beautiful kitty. He loves to sit with W. As you can see, he takes up the entire arm. He is about 15 lbs. I love him so much, he will be 8 in December.
We mailed an application to a potential client, I made sure to highlight the area that said "please send a photo copy id". Well, the application came back on June 15th, with a photo! A studio photo of this precious little old lady. We were all cracking up! I guess she thought we wanted a photo, no ID. We had a good laugh and none of us wanted to call and tell her we needed her ID instead. Not wanting to embarrass her, our director said "when she comes in just tell her it wasn't clear and we need another copy of her DRIVERS LICENSE or ID, that way she doesn't feel bad." I thought that was very sensitive.
I love living on the water! Every chance I get, I go to the river and dip my toes in the sand. Just sitting and listening to the waves lap against the shore makes my troubles ebb away. Smell the salt air, feel the cool breeze, listening to the seagulls, yes this is my little oasis.


Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 9 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.

Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:                                                                                                               
Baking In A Tornado
Single Mum Plus One
Juicebox Confessions
Menopausal Mother
Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
Southern Belle Charm
My Brain on Kids
Eileen's Perpetually Busy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

10 comments:

  1. "I said "THANK YOU you are now my favorite cashier."" That would have been my response as well!

    That Chili Mac looks like something everyone in my house would eat! We have a bunch of picky eaters here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. W is picky, he eats meat, potatoes, rice, pasta, cheese, collards and corn. That's about it. This recipe was for him.

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous of you living near the water, I'd be there all the time, myself. And I'm also jealous you get to hold that sweet little baby. She gets cuter every day.
    Gotta try this recipe. My kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living next to the water keeps me sane for sure. I haven't been able to hold her yet :( she's in TX

      Delete
  3. 50 was my favorite year - ever. Enjoy it and I hope your life gets easier each passing day. I was carded the other day and I laughed out loud at the cashier -- she said they have to card EVERYONE now. Go figure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some places do card everyone which is funny to me.

      Delete
  4. Happy 50th birthday. The cashier was right though, you don't even look 40 yet.
    I hope one day to retire near the water, but not too near, I'm terrified of tsunamis, so you're living my dream right now, and looking fabulous while you do it. (even when you're a red panda.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. My oldest son who is 36, he had a friend ask for my number! He was like DUDE that's my mom! LOL
      Love the red panda? LOL

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! You don't look your age!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The baby in the sunglasses just made my day! I want to eat her right up. :) I am also a Snapchat fan. Those filters are super fun.

    Every time I don;t get carded I nearly lunge across the checkout counter and kiss the cashier. Almost. ;)

    ReplyDelete