Friday, May 27, 2016

Strawberry Lime Daiquiri Cake - FF and It's A Heat Wave

So much has been going on. Potato May just turned 18 and on June 11th he will
graduate. Hard to believe but it's true. Last year I asked him what type of cake he wanted and I made him a strawberry cake with fresh whipped banana frosting topped with silver glitter edible sprinkles and animal print candles. Yes, he is a little "far out" and absolutely loved it. This year he said he still wanted strawberry but not sure what else. So, I made him a strawberry lime daiquiri cake with lime fluffy frosting. I went a little crazy on the frosting but DANG it was good!! Potato May LOVED it and you'll see in the second photo, he was smelling it. He's so funny, he will smell stuff before eating it. While I'm cooking he drives me nuts, he always come in and wants to know if he can open the lid and smell.
If you've been around long, you'll be wondering just what in the Sam Hill has gotten into me? I know, seems like everything I've baked lately has had alcohol in it. Oh well, it's been REALLY good! Thankfully like the amaretto coke chocolate cake, W loved this one too. I'm on a roll.
Strawberry Lime Daiquiri Cake
1 box - Duncan Hines while cake mix
10 oz Strawberry Daiquiri Seagrams cooler
5-6 fresh strawberries, pureed
eggs, oil according to the box
1 lime, juiced and zested
1 can whipped cream white fluffy frosting
Prepare the cake according to the box,except adding the wine cooler instead of water, add the lime zest,also puree the strawberries and add in. Spray a bundt pan and pour the batter in, bake for the allotted time. Allow the cake to cool and invert onto a cake pan. Take the frosting out of the can and stir in the lime juice. Place into a zip top bag and clip the end, squeeze over the cake.
Funny Friday, May 2016
Today’s post is this month’s Funny Friday, a regular feature published on the last Friday of every month. Funny Friday is a collaborative project. Each month one of the participants submits a picture, then we all write 5 captions or thoughts inspired by that month’s picture. Links to the other bloggers’ posts are below, click on them and see what they’ve come up with. I hope we bring a smile to your face as you start your weekend.


Funny Friday  150 X 150.jpg


Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by Jules at The Bergham’s Life Chronicles (http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com/)
29 - Bergham's Life Chronicles - June 2016.jpg
1. We're having a heat wave folks! People are doing whatever necessary to stay cool, said the weatherman showing a cute photo sent in by a viewer.
2. Watch my dive mommy!
3. "Hey Whit, why don't you pour the water on your head?" Said her mommy. "Okay" then she plopped her head IN the bucket.
4. TA DA I can stand on my head in the water mommy!
5. NO it is NOT for the rubber ducky! It is for my head!
Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:
http://notthatsarahmichelle.blogspot.com                Not That Sarah Michelle
http://www.southernbellecharm.com                Southern Belle Charm
http://mybrainonkids.net                                  My Brain on Kids
http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com          Someone Else’s Genius
 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

8 comments:

  1. Standing on one's head in the water is pretty cool trick if you think of it!
    Your cake sounds yum!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, I like the Diving one the best! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one is my favorite!
    And that recipe. OH YUM. Keep those recipes with alcohol in them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I can't stop giggling. Great job!! Thank you for the laughs!! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!
    Happy birthday, Potato May!!!
    This cake is very much up my alley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rubber ducky can get his own water! Too cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you forget to tell her the bucket was to fill the water gun? Still adorable, though!

    That cake looks delish!

    ReplyDelete