Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Flower or Flour; Power or Powder - A Poetry Challenge

A new month,
a new theme,
but the same old bad poetry.
BBQ Chicken Cheesy Quesadilla
2 flour tortillas
left over chicken,shredded
shredded cheese
a pad of butter and a skillet
Drop a dot of butter in a skillet, on the stove with medium heat. Place a flour tortilla in the skillet. Shredded chicken and a tablespoon or two of your favorite BBQ sauce, mix well and place on the tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with a second tortilla, brown one side, flip and repeat. Cut into quarters and enjoy! A super easy recipe that uses leftovers. Lunch, snack or dinner for one. You can grill yours less if you like, I enjoy it crispy.
Be sure to scroll to the bottom and follow the links for more "poetry" post, of which I assure you will be poetry and so much better than mine. But hey it's fun to try!
When you do not speak correctly,
people may not know what you mean.
Did you say flower or flour?
Did you say power or powder?
Window or winder?
Picture or pitcher?
We have become lazy speakers
and yet we get upset when we have to repeat ourselves.
So when I'm thinking,
I speak correctly.
When I'm in a hurry,
it may be slurry.
The lines become blurry
but let's be assured.
That if I'm in the kitchen,
I want FLOUR.
When it is my birthday,
I want a flower.
I may need some powder as in sugar or after a bath.
But I love power
so I may keep you guessing just what this is all about.
Karen from Baking In A Tornado
http://www.bakinginatornado.com/2016/05/propagate-cultivate-nourish-and-flourish.html

Jules from The Bergham Chronicles
http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com/2016/05/may-flowers-poetrycollaboration-may-2016.html
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. I love your poetry, it always makes me smile. And your recipe is an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! Love it!! Great poem!! This quesadilla looks YUMMY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was no rhyme or reason, but I still loved it. ;)

    ReplyDelete