Monday, April 11, 2016

Spring Green Mojito - New Beginnings - #BlogWithFriends

This month, my second time doing #BlogWithFriends, our theme is "new beginnings". We tossed around spring, green, spring showers, water and a few other ideas. We decided to go with new beginnings because it is open ended, so our blogging possibilities were endless. Which is very helpful considering we are all totally different types of bloggers.
I thought I would do something totally different in my recipe reputation and go....alcoholic. YEP you read that right. An alcoholic drink, nothing too crazy but fresh, green and will definitely put a "spring" in your step, but be careful, too many and that spring might become sprung and you'll find yourself upside down on the ground. Oh wait, this isn't the poetry post. LOL
RECIPE
1 TBSP fresh lime juice
a few slices of lime
4 fresh mint leaves
1 shot per glass, white rum
brewed green tea (1 cup per glass)
sweetener of your choice* I used NuNaturals Simple Syrup*
Muddle the mint, lime and simple syrup. Now add your tea and rum. Drop in some ice and enjoy! I'm not a drinker, I gave that up over 25 years ago, but I did really enjoy this drink. So much so I made a different version. You will see that one on the poetry posting April 13th.

New beginnings, what does that mean? It can mean many things to many people. For me, new beginnings has been a way of life the last...well, almost 2 years now. Wow, time flies and in doing so there have been  A LOT of new beginnings. I had to start life over at almost 50. Move. Look for a job. Go back to school. Find a car. Find somewhere to live. Figure out who I was, who I wanted to be and who I would no longer be. Yes, lots of new beginnings.
I have always loved Spring time. The new flowers blooming, new babies, new relationships, it feels more like a new year to me than New Year's Eve actually.

I have tried a lot of "new" things. They are not new to most folks, but for me it was stepping outside my comfort zone. I have found that I can be spontaneous without the world ending. LOL I can fly by the seat of my pants and life keep going. I can drink, eat and be merry without being a silly drunk or glutenous couch potato. I have loosened my standards on myself, allowed myself to relax, to have fun, to laugh, to be myself and NOT go nuts about what others may or may not think. Who cares? I have spent entirely too much of my life worried about what others think when in truth, I was most likely rarely on anyone's mind, in their conversations or thoughts. So here's to new beginnings, whatever they may be for you, for me, it was finding myself and finding that I like me. So if no one else does, that's fine. They don't live with me. I do.

Let's see what everyone else is up to for "new beginnings"....

http://www.bakinginatornado.com/2016/04/blog-with-friends-fruited-chicken.html




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. I love this cocktail recipe almost as much as I love the new you. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! I haven't had alcohol in over 25 years, so making this was WAY out of my comfort zone, but it was so dang good!!! I made another version that you'll see in a few days! It was even better if you can believe that.

      Delete
  2. I've not tried many cocktails. I skipped that part of the college experience. I'm trying to catch up slowly. I'll have to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a drinker, I gave that up 25 years ago but wanted to do something different. I've had 2 drinks in the last 6 months. Look out! LOL

      Delete
  3. Oh how I wish I could drink. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't drink because of an esophagus issue but did drink this and it didn't bother me. I also only had 1 and mine had a half of a shot in it. AND it was DEElicious

      Delete