Happy Friday everyone and welcome to another Funny Friday! You know, we are given a photo and then we have to write 5 captions...sometimes this is easier than others. This month's was fun, thanks Minette!
First I'm sharing my newest 'good for you' snack. Yes, I'm still plugging away at being healthier and eating better, well snacking better anyway. LOLI recently saw a post on Facebook from Deliciously Ella and thought "MAN I need these, right now!" So I looked around and didn't have the exact ingredients but close enough. Here is what I did:
1 cup almonds, raw
2 cups dates, pitted and halved
3 TBSP cocoa powder (I use NuNaturals)
2 1/2 TBSP WOWbutter (you can use almond butter)
2 TBSP coconut oil
1 tsp honey (I added this because my dates were not very sweet and dry)
It's very simple, place the nuts in the food processor and pulse until fine and grainy, then add the other ingredients and blend until smooth. It will come together in a big ball or tube in the bowl. Next roll the mix into balls, store in the fridge for several weeks or even freeze them. A great pop in your mouth snack and go. Full of nutrients and just the right amount of sweetness. ENJOY! I am.
Today’s post is this month’s Funny Friday, a regular feature published on the last Friday of every month. Funny Friday is a collaborative project. Each month one of the participants submits a picture, then we all write 5 captions or thoughts inspired by that month’s picture. Links to the other bloggers’ posts are below, click on them and see what they’ve come up with. I hope we bring a smile to your face as you start your weekend.
Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by Minette over at Southern Belle Charm
1. Staring at the screen Mini thought, I just don't feel like myself today.
2. Walking in the room, John saw the pug staring at the computer. Now where did Mini go?
3. Mini spoke, "John, I'm not feeling well." John hit the floor.
4. Mini said "GREAT he just has to have all the attention! I can't feel bad for just one minute around this house!!"
5. Mini woke up! OMGosh what a dream! I need to get my mind off the next SSS it is making me nuts! Maybe I can request a different subject. This one is giving me nightmares.
Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:
http://berghamchronicles.blogspot.com/ The Bergham Chronicles
http://notthatsarahmichelle.blogspot.com Not That Sarah Michelle
http://www.southernbellecharm.com Southern Belle Charm