Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Non Dairy Cocoa Mint Smoothie

I always looking for new recipes, new ideas and healthy solutions for my breakfast and snack choices. Especially here lately. I have packed on 12 lbs that I worked so terribly hard to lose, was in an accident, have several family members in the hospital with very serious health issues. These things by themselves would be enough but all at one time, well, it's been a bit overwhelming. When I become overwhelmed I fall into old habits...over eating and stress eating. I have made a vow to stop that, to rely more on Jesus and his peace and less on my own abilities which have gotten me no where.

That is how I came up with this smoothie, my pseudo step son "Potato May" loves chocolate mint and I thought, HEY how about a chocolate mint smoothie. Then I remember the new product that Ron from NuNaturals had sent me. The cocoa mint syrup! I had been agonizing over WHAT to do with it. Now I had an idea. The mint flavor is not overwhelming, too strong or bitter at all. It is actually refreshing. There is no need to add sugar, honey or any other sweetener as the banana is naturally sweet and the cocoa mint syrup is made with stevia. I used a green energy powder that I have to give me extra nutrients and energy. You could use protein powder or leave it out.
It was a beautiful sunny cool Spring day yesterday so I decided to go outside and enjoy my smoothie. Gorgeous day, delicious drink and food for thought.
If you enjoy this half as much as I did then I enjoyed it twice as much as you. LOL

Cocoa Mint Smoothie
10 oz Almond milk
1 frozen banana
1 tsp cocoa mint syrup NuNaturals
1 scoop green energy
1 tsp honey powder

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment