Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Margarita Cake and I need to buy a llama...or get new glasses

My favorite cake next to chocolate...YUMMY YUM YUM I wanted cake. YES I KNOW the story of my life lately. I really don't know why I'm on this sweet kick, it's like crack. Once you try it you just can't shake it. Or so I've been told. Anyway...
Karen posted in our group:
BLOGGERS joining in the Funny Friday fun this month, we're one week out, document is finalized, check your email now!
AND bloggers signed up for the March Secret Subject Swap writing challenge, we're 2 weeks out, check your email too, it's prompt day!!
*There were several comments. BUT I said:
Now here is what made this so funny.
AFTER I edited the screen shot and posted it here in the draft. I saw that she said... CHECK YOUR EMAIL>
Good grief, for some reason I thought she said the check is in the mail and I was trying to be funny. Well, the jokes on me. LOL dang my face was red!!
The new part of the conversation:
After this exchange I decided either I really need more sleep, to go for it and buy a llama or get new glasses. The first and latter are topping the list.

Since this is a crazy post and y'all are thinking...this woman is nuts. How about I share a wonderful recipe with you. I found this online about 5 years ago and it quickly became a favorite. So much so that for about 2 years I made these cakes and sold them.

Now after reading the 'flavor' you may think I had one too many slices before writing this post or at least before chatting online with Karen. Truth be told, I had not even made the cake yet. But had just looked up my old recipe and thought YES I need one of these. Yeah, after my 'red-faced' moment online I may not need any but I'm going to have some anyway!

This cake was my crowning glory where W and Hoover are concerned! They are not big "sweet" eaters except once in a while. Well, I have made a lot of sweets and they have eaten "some" but this cake, WHOA this cake was gone in 2 days!! They devoured it and with each slice would say "honey this cake is really good" or "DANG Dawn, you are the best DANK BAKER I know" it did my ego a world of good to finally bake something that they totally flipped over. Now yes, they have eaten other things and enjoyed them but no where near as much as this cake.

Margarita Cake (alcohol free - but you could add it if you wanted)
For the cake
1 stick butter, unsalted room temperature
4 eggs, beaten and room temperature
1 white cake mix, I used Ducan Hines
1 box vanilla instant pudding mix, the small box
1 can frozen margarita concentrate, thawed OR 10 oz of margarita liquid mix
2 tsp lime juice
1 TBSP lime zest

Glaze
2 TBSP butter, unsalted and melted in a sauce pan
2 TBSP lime juice
1 TBSP lime zest
I used 2 small limes and it gave me just a tad more but I like the tartness of limes.
1 1/2 - 2 cups powered sugar

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a bundt pan. I sprayed mine with baking spray.
Mix the butter, eggs and margarita mix. Beat well.
Next add your cake mix and beat well until light and creamy.
Next stir in your lime juice, zest and DRY pudding mix..
Pour batter into the pan and bake for 45-55 minutes depending on your oven. My old one it took almost an hour, my current oven takes 50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes then remove and allow to cool on a rack.
When your cake is almost cool, in a sauce pan prepare your glaze. Melt the butter, remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.Let this stand for 10-15 minutes. Pour over the cake.
Simple and delicious Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. Miscommunications may be embarrassing, but they are oh so much fun.
    And you know I'm a margarita cake. If I add alcohol I can have my margarita and eat it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post when I first read it. So glad it's the one you chose to add to The Best of The Best by The Best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love posts about miscommunications! I read about auto-correct...umm...auto-correcting and laugh and laugh. This was so fun. No go out and buy that lama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information. orange county wedding cakes

    ReplyDelete