Monday, March 7, 2016

Lucky 3 Guinness Cheese Spread #BlogWithFriends

Happy March, St. Patty's Day and Luck of the Irish to ya! I know it's not St. Patty's Day and you might not be Irish but who doesn't need a little "luck" or good fortune? I could use some.

When you think of luck, you may think of four leaf clovers, green beer, Leprechauns, pots of gold at the end of a rainbow or something totally different.

Today myself and several other bloggers are celebrating March with post about "luck". You might not find what you'd expect but that's the beauty of it. We all are different individuals so our post and taste are different. I hope you'll enjoy it, hop on over to the others and let us know what you think.

When thinking about this post, as a food blogger of course my thoughts went to Irish food. What do Irish eat, I should know this since I have Irish decent but could think of a few things. So off to google and the wonderful web to see what I could find.

Traditional Irish food is heavy, full of meat, potatoes and to be honest fat. I was not really surprised. However, I did find some semi-healthy dishes or things that could be altered to be healthy but I didn't really feel up to all that. So I opted for a snack, party food, appetizer of sorts. A cheese dip with beer. Yes beer. No I don't drink but I love to eat my alcohol. LOL Plus my honey is a big cheese and beer lover so this fit the bill. I didn't want to make something that no one would want to eat. With Hoover around it's not like that's possible, the kid will eat anything but my honey is picky. The best part of this recipe, no cooking is involved so for those of you who do not enjoy cooking, have very little time or are looking for an easy condiment/dip/appetizer. Here ya go!!

Here is what I decided on. Doesn't it look great?

YUM BUTTON

As for the "luck" topic...I don't really believe in luck. I believe in fate and faith. I think sometimes luck is simply a reward for being faithful and other times it is the result of being diligent and obedient. The "luck" at times is an unmerited gift. You can be in the right place at the right time, it's a blessing, a reward or luck if you wish to call it that. My "luck" changed almost 2 years ago when I decided to make some drastic changes and do things differently. It was a major decision, no luck involved, but choices. Those choices have changed the course of my life and I've been blessed through my obedience and faithfulness in doing what was needed. I know that all sounds cryptic but without giving details that no one really needs, that's my "luck". I feel blessed or lucky as some would say to have 5 healthy kids and 10 healthy grandkids, a man who loves me, a job I enjoy and lots of supportive friends/family. So let's just keep going, check out the recipe, the other links and have a blessed "lucky" St. Patty's Day.

This recipe has 3 types of cheese, I honestly considering making it 4 so it would "fit" the theme of luck better. Ya know four leaf clovers and all that jazz. But I  like to be different, step outside the box, do the unexpected, so 3 it is.

You could serve this with crackers, chips, bread as I did or even spread it on a burger! Which I will probably with the leftovers IF I have any.

Lucky 3 Guinness Cheese Spread
Makes 2 cups; 10 minutes prep time; NO COOKING required
1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, cut into chunks
2 oz blue cheese, cut up
3 oz cream cheese, cut up
1 tsp caraway seeds or 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 cup Guinness stout or a dark Stout Ale of your choice

Combine the 3 cheeses in a food processor and blend well. Next add your spices and beer. Blend until smooth. Place in a bowl or crock. Serve at room temperature with crackers, chips or bread. Makes a great spread for burgers or a killer grill cheese sandwich!!

Be sure to check out the other links below!! And as always... 
ENJOY


Karen
Baking In A Tornado
Cheese Steak and Potato Pie
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6 comments:

  1. First of all, I adore that picture of you.
    Second, the idea of this cheese spread is genius. Not only does it look delicious as a spread but you're right, it's infinitely versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks! I thought it was silly but why not.
      The cheese as a spread on a good burger was the bomb!

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm! That does look good! My husband and kids are cheese-aholics. They would love this. I guess I'd have to keep it away from the kiddos, though, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Guinness is STRONG so you could cut back and for the kids leave it out. It is still a good spread.

      Delete
  3. Luck is fate - it can be good or bad and depends on the circumstances. :) I might have to bring this to my next friendly gathering. I can't have any alcohol, but my friends will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool idea! My hubby loves cheese AND Guinness. Win win for him. :)

    ReplyDelete