Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Luck, Schmuck, who gives a ...duck? Poetry

Swiss chicken...no duck. I know by the title you were expecting a duck and you won't be disappointed. First I'm giving you a recipe. Then what this post is all about and lastly a poem or two. I hope the recipe is enough to make you return because the poetry may chase you away.
Yum


Swiss Chicken
10 boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
10 slices of swiss cheese
1/3 cup mayo (I used Duke's)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
fresh cracked pepper
A 13 x 9 baking dish
Butter, grease or spray a 13 x 9 pan. Place your tenders in the pan and sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper. Now place 5 slices of Swiss cheese over the chicken. Next in a bowl mix your mayo, Parmesan, garlic and onion powder. Stir well and spread over the cheese. Now top the spread with 5 slices of Swiss cheese. Place in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until the chicken is done and the cheese is bubbly golden brown.
ENJOY

For several months now I have joined my brave blogging friends in a monthly poetry challenge/post. I say challenge because that what it is to me. Challenging. The others seem to breeze through with grace, fluidity of vocabulary and picturesque words that impress even the snobbiest reader. Mine may leave you laughing, shaking your head or just plain stun you, either way I hope you enjoy our "fun" poetry post. This month we chose "luck", last month was "love" and the previous month was "winter."

Luck?
Lucky Duck
You silly schmuck
You flew right into the hunters sights
BAM went the gun
DOWN went the duck
Now he will be on someone's table
As a main course
and sitting alone in a nest
will be his widowed duck
Does the hunter give a...duck?
No, he doesn't
He is well fed
and tucked in his bed
Poor little duck
he is now fresh out of luck.

OR

Luck, Schmuck, you gives a ...duck?
When it comes to rhymes,
I don't have the time,
to sit around and be creative
I like for it to flow,
from the word go,
and not stop,
until I say so.
As luck would have it,
our theme is luck
and if I were a duck
I might not give a f**k,
But as I am not,
I need to find the words
to put down on the screen,
that will seem like poetry.
So here we go
Luck...
luck is success brought on my chance, not of ones actions
so luck is mere chance,
happy circumstances.
A luck of the draw
no rabbits foot
no four leaf clover
not even a horseshoe can provide luck.
But if you're like most
you could really give a ...duck
about luck, chance and happy circumstance.
So in honor of St. Patty's Day
the luck of the Irish
and all that good jazz,
I'm done with trying to be poetic
and toss down my pen as if it were magnetic
and hope that you at least laughed
at my once again sad attempt.
For some this is bring laughs.
For others tears.
Some will leave shaking their heads.
I just sit back and laugh
because for me
this is all about the challenge.
Did I make Karen laugh?
Do I give a...duck?
Yes I do.
Luck, Schmuck, who gives a ...duck?
Duck.
Luck.
Schmuck.
Husk.
Musk.
Hunky Lucky Duck
Now who really gives a....**ck?

The harder I tried, the worse they got. Now PLEASE go visit some REAL poets! My fellow blog friends who also took this challenge:
Blogger and Blog: Karen of Baking In A Tornado
Name of Poem:  Stuck with Luck 

Blogger and Blog: Robin of Someone Else's Genius 
Name of Poem: Schlimazel

Blogger and Blog: Dawn of Spatulas On Parade
Name of Poem: Luck, Schmuck, who gives a ...duck?

Blogger and Blog: Candice of Measurements of Merriment 
Name of Poem:   Lucky Poems

Blogger and Blog: Jules of The Bergham Chronicles
Name of Poem:  Lucky Duck 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

  1. Oh hell yeah, I laughed. This was hysterical from beginning to end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I must have been tired or something. I swear I just read my poems...oh dear. Sick humor? Tired? An over achievers attempt at poetry? Yes, yes it is all those. At least you laughed!

      Delete
  2. This was awesome! Great job! Hilarious! I think that makes 3 of us who used **ck in our poems. Lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda cried and laughed a whole lot. So twistedly hilarious. Loved them. This chicken looks delish!!

    ReplyDelete