Monday, February 8, 2016

Sweets for my Sweet #BlogWithFriends

Today's post is a group post. I joined Karen and several other great bloggers for a "romance" inspired post. You will find crafts, DIY, recipes and other great post each month with a different theme.

Romance is something I always craved. My hearts desire. Today I'm glad to say I have it. Maybe not in the sense you might think but everyone has a different idea of romance. For some it is roses, candy, dinner out, gifts and jewelry. For others it is time alone, attention, kind words, a gentle touch and a loving glance in a crowded room. An unexpected kind gesture during a busy day from the one you love. Your child bringing in a sad bouquet of weeds and saying they got you "flowers". That same child making a mess in the kitchen to "fix you lunch" or your significant other preparing a meal and totally trashing your kitchen. Taking your car and filling it up with gas because he knows tomorrow you start out early and the weather will be bad. THESE are all romantic, kind and loving gestures that when you take time to notice can warm even the coldest of hearts. These are just some of the things I see as romantic.

Now I'm all for getting dressed up, going out to dinner, getting flowers, a card, candy and I'd flip for some jewelry but it is not necessary. I don't "have" to have it. I'd like it, I do get it on occasion and more than before, BUT it is not a must.

The love I feel and receive on a daily basis is my new romance.

I show my love with food. I always have. I also "do" things. Cook, clean, wait on, help, pray for, speak kind words, love and cook. Oh yeah, I said cook. LOL

So for my sweet, I made this NO BAKE pie! Now it is sweet and if you have diabetic issues do NOT eat this. It is not healthy, it is not good for you, it is delicious and sweet. Yum
No Bake Pie - Sweets for my Sweet
Deep dish 9 inch graham cracker crust
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
15 oz can crushed pineapple
1 cup maraschino cherries chopped (reserve 1 TBSP juice)
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cup cool whip
In a large bowl combine the coconut, pineapple and pecans. Stir. Mix in the cherries. Stir in the milk until well combined. Now fold in the cool whip or homemade whipped cream, your choice. Pour into a pie crust and set in the freezer for 2 hours. Remove 20 minutes before serving so you can slice it. ENJOY
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please check out the other participants links:
http://www.bakinginatornado.com/2016/02/romantic-dinner-crusted-prime-rib.html

http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com/2016/02/romance-anti-romantic-in-enlightened-age.html

http://mybrainonkids.net/2016/02/08/please-dont-pass-the-chocolate/

http://www.thelieberfamily.com/2016/02/saying-i-love-you.html
http://www.homeonderanged.com/romance-on-the-cheap-simple-diy-projects-to-show-your-love/

8 comments:

  1. It's all my favorite things! Not healthy or good for you! AND no bake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valentine's Day is for splurging and this pie is SO worth the splurge. Love that, with everything else going on that day, this is a no-bake option!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Question: do you drain the crushed pineapple or throw in the juice too?

    Great post! I'm glad you finally found the romance you craved. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I threw juice and all in but the can was not "juicy" as some I've had, I felt cheated. LOL but if there seems to be a lot you can drain it and if needed add it back in. Better that than have a runny pie

      Delete
  4. I'd have to do it without the coconut, but this looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do not use coconut you will need to substitute something. Otherwise it will be too runny. The coconut really helps bind it. Maybe add another type of fruit that you can grate.

      Delete