Thursday, February 18, 2016

Sweet Muffins - basic

For the last several weeks I have been baking muffins on the weekend. A big batch. I then store them in an air tight container and each morning as we leave, we grab one or if you are Hoover you grab two. This along with a bottle of water and an apple keeps me going until I get a break. I leave home around 0530 and get a break anywhere between 0900 and 1030 on good days. These muffins have really helped. However, I have been being lazy and using box mixes or those cheap mixes in the bag. I have added fruit to them or even Greek yogurt but I really have been wanting to make my own.
Here's the problem, a lot of my muffins end up dense. Very "firm" but tasty. I wanted a sweet light fluffy muffin. So I decided to try something, an idea. I know when I use Bisquick I can make fluffy biscuits or pancakes, so why not muffins.
I tried it and it worked famously! Yum

Here are my sweet light fluffy muffins. They are perfect just like they are but you could add your choice of fruit if you wanted to. Of course my choice would be blueberries and my next batch will have them. This time I wanted them plain and sweet just to see if I could get "fluffy" and I did.

Sweet Muffins - basic
2/3 cup milk (unsweetened original Almond milk)
2 TBSP oil, vegetable
1 large egg
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla (I used NuNaturals)
2 HEAPING TBSP Greek Yogurt
12 muffins
400 degree oven for 16 minutes

In a medium bowl combine your wet ingredients and beat well by hand. Next add in your dry ingredients and stir until well combined. I beat mine by hand for about 1 minute. Fill your 12 muffin liners 3/4 full and place in a preheated oven. Bake for 16 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Store in an air tight container and enjoy through the week. That's what I did. Delicious. Delicate, light and fluffy. These are now a favorite and staple at my house. You can use regular milk but I do not buy cows milk and you can add fruit if you want.
ENJOY
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment