Friday, February 19, 2016

Hot Fudge Pie and FOTW Feb 2016

I have been having chocolate cravings like a mad PMS woman here lately. What to do, what to do? Well, simple, you BAKE! Yep, that's my go to. Unless I'm out driving and then my go to is a quick stop at the nearest store and buying a candy bar. NOT something I do often. Honestly about once a month. I much prefer baking my chocolate than buying it in a wrapper with God knows what for ingredients.
So anywho...my guys are NOT fans of chocolate! I know!! How the heck can you not be a fan of chocolate? Well, they are not. So...I had to make something small because let's face it, I'm going to eat it and I don't need a whole stinking cake.
I made this hot fudge pie. Hot because it is best right out of the oven, this is when it is hot, gooey and fudge like. Oh man, and the next day you can just nuke a piece and it's gooey all over again.
This recipe is simple and most likely if you do any baking at all you will have the ingredients on hand plus start to finish you can be eating a slice in 40 minutes! I know, this can be dangerous! Yum
 This of course is also the #FlyOnTheWall post! Which as you know means a peek into my life and the lives of my blogger friends. Be sure scroll down to find their links AND read about what's been happening in my life recently. IF you can move past the recipe.
Hot Fudge Pie
1 stick butter, unsalted
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla (I used NuNaturals)
3 TBSP baking cocoa powder (I use Hershey's)
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup all purpose flour
8 inch pie pan greased with butter or sprayed with non-stick baking spray

Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer, add in the eggs and vanilla. Next BY HAND, this is important because if you use the mixer the pie will turn out cake like not fudgy, add in your cocoa, salt and flour. Stir well by hand. Spread into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. slice and enjoy! If you bake it too long you will have a dry brownie, you want it moist but not runny so keep an eye on it the last few minutes. My oven took 30 minutes and as you see I used a glass pan, the baking time will vary if you use a metal or ceramic pan.

When I was little Kenny Rogers had a song "Lucille" and one verse says "you picked a fine time to leave me Lucille, with 4 hungry children and a crop in the field"
I thought it was "with 400 children and a crop in the field"
I'd always say "If i had 400 kids I'd leave too"
ROTFL

As seen on FB:
Misunderstood song lyric of the day- "Brown-Eyed Girl," Van Morrison
VAN: "Hey, where did we go?"
JACK: "Did he just say, "hey, wet amigo?"
Lol! 😂😂. We'll be singing it this way from now on.
Now, share your favorite misunderstood lyrics in the comments. I need more laughter today.
Commentsof 45
Angela: Madonna- Isla Bonita "Last night I dreamt of some bagels." (Instead of last night I dreamt of San Pedro.
Amanda: Crystal Gayle's "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue". I was adamant that the lyrics were "donuts make my brown eyes blue". There was no arguing.
Bill : REM - "Let's pee in the corner - let's pee in the spot..... light - losing my religion......"
Susan- I used to think Bon Jovi's Livin on a Prayer said "it doesn't really matter if we're naked or not.." LOL
*************************************
She looks at him, holding two containers, and ask "breast or leg?" He smiles and says "I'll let you know after the chicken" She slaps his arm and laughs throwing her head back. OH MY...the conversations we get to hear.
*************************************
At my oldest son's house
LMSP: Daddy where are you going?
DIL: He's going upstairs to ignore his family again...
LMSP: He's going upstairs to play his video game?
 😡 DADDY YOU BETTER NOOOTTTTT!!!!
J: I was just uh, I'm just cleaning... 😐
LMSP: Ugh, I can't even think right now!
************************************
Jan. 15, 2016 My oldest son and his daughter LMSP...the stare down has begun and it is REAL - he claims he won but somehow I doubt it.
So I'm driving my new route and every morning K ask me what I watched on TV the night before. Poor kid, he thinks I'm boring because rarely do I watch TV unless it is on my DVR. I'm too tired at night. So anyway, I got to him first.
"Hey K, what did you watch on TV last night?"
K replies, "oh no, that's a hard one, what did I watch? Oh yeah, The Bachelor"
I said, "OH NO! Did your sister make you watch it?"
K, "NOOO I like girls that's why I watch it! Didn't you know that show is FULLL of girls!"
I'm cracking up! He's 33 going on 12 and it was just so cute how he said it.
*************************
Guy on the bus, he's talking on the phone. I hear "so how old are you? Oh 30, okay so like how many keds you got? None?! Why, you sound like you look okay so why you ain't got no keds?"
She replies, "Because I know how to NOT have kids"
I'm laughing and I said "and you don't cause you got 3" LOL
YES I speak their language. 
*****************************
LMSP wanted the chair...so did Hulk. Neither one was willing to give. So here is the compromise. LOL Not sure why people talk about "mean" or "bad" pitbulls. Oh yeah...he looks vicious doesn't he? NOT... a very sweet boy. (Jan. 31,2016***)
But as you can see, this is common... (Jan. 17,2016)

                *****************************
2/4/16 My day was made! I'm driving my route and dropping off C. There are 3 of my (previously regular) passengers. S runs over "HEEEEY MS.Laadee! How you doing?" Then A comes over "HEY HEY MISS DAWN! Ah man I sure do miss you" They are called special, challenged, slow and other things. I call them sweet. I miss these guys but it sure did bring a grin to my face to see them at 0800 in the morning and I think I made their day as well.
Later I go to the dr to pick up a passenger and there she is! My BooThang! LOL Ms. Nellie! I opened the door and she said "OH LAWD! I'm so happy to see you!" She gave me a big hug. I miss her too!
It was a good day, even if it did rain 3 inches, winds of 20-40 mph and flooded roads. I saw some lovely smiling faces and was seriously blessed!!
********************************
One of Hoover's friends came over and he hands her one of my sweet muffins, she took a bite and said "OH GOSH, this is really good! If you have any other food laying around that is leftover you just call me and I'll come eat it." I laughed and said, "Did you forget that T lives here?! Leftovers do not happen. IF I have any left they go on the top shelf of the fridge and when I get home from work the next day the containers are in the sink empty" She laughed and says "well if he gets sick and can't eat it, just call me."  T aka Hoover says "Dawn you should feel good about your cooking my friends are asking to come over and eat, I told you, you're cooking is DANK!" Yes folks, he enjoys it. Dank by the way means awesome, terrific, fantastic, really really good.
****************************************
Welcome to a Fly on the Wall group post. Today 12 bloggers are inviting you to catch a glimpse of what you’d see if you were a fly on the wall in our homes. Come on in and buzz around my house.
Buzz around, see what you think, then click on these links for a peek into some other homes:

http://www.BakingInATornado.com                         Baking In A Tornado
http://www.juiceboxconfession.com                            Juicebox Confession
http://www.menopausalmom.com/                          Menopausal Mother
http://www.someoneelsesgenius.com                            Someone Else’s Genius
http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/                      Spatulas on Parade
http://singlemumplusone.blogspot.com                      Searching for Sanity
http://batteredhope.blogspot.com                         Never Ever Give Up Hope
http://www.gomamao.com                                    Go Mama O
http://dinoheromommy.com/                     Dinosaur Superhero Mommy
http://notthatsarahmichelle.blogspot.com          Not That Sarah Michelle
http://www.southernbellecharm.com                   Southern Belle Charm

http://mybrainonkids.net                                      My Brain on Kids
😂😂😂
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

10 comments:

  1. I screw up lyrics all the time! Naturally I can't think of any atm. I usually just hum along till the refrain, then I bust out singing. I want that pie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My honey screws up the lyrics ALL the time but he does it on purpose. Drives me nuts!
      The pie...oh gosh, deadly but oh so good.

      Delete
  2. The recipe sounds amazing. I love the missed song lyrics and your passengers, but NOTHING beats Miss Sassy Pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love my passengers but oh gosh...LMSP she is a mess and man she has grown!

      Delete
  3. Those misheard lyrics cracked me up. When we were younger my little sister thought the song Blinded by the Light had the words "wrapped up like a douche" in it. We had to Google it to show her she was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ROTFL every time I hear that song THAT is what I hear! I know it's not but I still hear it.

      Delete
  4. It must be weird living with people who don't LOVE chocolate? How DO you do it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I have to make things like this, things that are small and hold up well for a week. Otherwise I bake and give it away.

      Delete
  5. oh boy, hot fudge pie, that looks amazing. I always mess up lyrics to songs..

    Oh that LMSP, I think she'll win every stare down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't count all the lyrics I've botched. Eventually I learn, but it can be hilarious!

    ReplyDelete