Thursday, February 25, 2016

Chocolate Biscoff Lava Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting

When under stress I do several things...cook, eat and clean. Today (2/24/16) I have cleaned my floors, rearranged part of the extra room, put up a shoe holder, cooked twice, did dishes four times, cleaned out the fridge, cleaned under the freezer, baked and ate..too much. I have also been writing post. WOW being forced to stay home from work due to the weather, my honey being gone and me being stressed has made me quite productive.

I wanted chocolate. Any chocolate and being without a candy bar I decided to bake. Just look at those cupcakes! I used my square muffin pan from Pampered Chef. I've had it about 6 years and only used it twice. How sad is that?

For the cupcakes see THIS RECIPE,(I also doubled the recipe) I baked them for half the time (10 minutes), then added a 1/2 tsp of Biscoff spread and baked for 7 more minutes. Then topped with chocolate frosting. Oh gosh...please don't ask how many of these I ate.
This is what happens when we are under a tornado watch, the wind is shaking the house and sounds really really loud. I'm stress baking. Hoover is stress eating. Marshmallow fluff and peanut butter sandwiches and leftovers, pizza and then supper. The power is off and on. I watched my neighbors trampoline blow past our front window, thankfully missing my car. Good grief...I'm writing this as it unfolds and as the power is on. Today is February 24th. Not sure when I will post this so you may read it a week from now and be like "WTFrak man".
High winds, heavy rain, debris blowing by, limbs falling from the trees, my honey is 2 hours away and a nervous wreck because Hoover and I are home alone. I can handle a crisis but I get him wanting to be here. I too wish he was here but he's not so I deal. Keep calm, reassure the kid, love on my kitty because he's all freaked out, watch the weather and blog as the on again off again electricity allows.
See that red mass, it was headed our way. Thankfully it went around us but we continued to have high winds and horrible rain until late into the night.

At the hotel where my honey was staying a tornado went by and tore a huge tree out of the ground. It crushed 3 cars, thankfully again, not his and he was fine. Man it has been a day!

It is now 10 p.m. and we are still under an advisory. I am exhausted, full and ready for bed. Hope you enjoy the cupcakes as much as I did. If you are in a weather advisory, be safe, don't take chances, make an escape plan and talk to your children so they are not scared.
Later taters!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

  1. Those look heavenly! I am definitely going to have to give them a try! Pinned and yummed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Hope you got through all of that weather unscathed. We didn't even have any weather issues here but I was stressed because Purdue got pummeled with snow.
    I LOVE these cupcakes. The chocolate looks so dense and delish.
    And, BTW, as a New Englander, I'm obliged to tell you that you need to call Marshmallow Fluff and Peanut Butter Sandwiches "Fluffernutters." You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several tree limbs down but other than that we are fine. Thankfully. Some areas did not fair so well.
      Girl...these cupcakes! They are actually fluffy, not heavy at all, rich and oh so good!
      Yes Fluffernutter so I've been told.

      Delete
  3. My mom sent me to the corner store for flour as the eye of a hurricane passed over so she could bake more chocolate chip cookies! Hope all is well and you are back to normal baking, but the stress baking looks wonderful!

    Wishes for tasty dishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete