Friday, February 12, 2016

Buffalo Chicken Cheesy Potato Casserole - UYW

Do you like spicy food? Buffalo sauce? Buffalo chicken or hot wings? I do but can not eat it due to a sensitive system, cry baby tummy or female taste buds. Don't be offended! Guys pride themselves on being able to eat "hot" stuff. I have always wanted to eat it but haven't been able to. I have found, that if I combine the "hot" with ranch dressing, cheese or potatoes I am able to tolerate hotter/spicier food. Which is great because my guys love hot food and W really really enjoys it when I eat it with him. This is one of the reason I did this casserole. It was delicious and not overwhelmingly hot either. Yum

I was at the store looking for some buffalo sauce and saw that Sweet Baby Ray's had their version. Hoover the teenage vacuum loves SBR bbq sauce so I thought I'd give this sauce a whirl. I am so glad I did. Great flavor with just enough kick to satisfy the guys and keep me from going to the ER. Here is what I did:

1 lb boneless skinless chicken, diced
5-6 medium potatoes, peeled, diced and parboiled
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups shredded double cheddar cheese
1/3 cup Sweet Baby Ray's buffalo wing sauce & marinade
I parboiled the potatoes and sauteed the chicken in a pan with 1 TBSP of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drain the potatoes and mix in a bowl with the chicken and sauce. Pour into a greased 13 x 9 casserole dish and cover with the cheese. Bake until bubbly at 350 degrees. About 20 minutes. I served mine with a salad.
ENJOY
Today’s post is a writing challenge. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked 4 – 6 words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That’s the challenge, here’s a fun twist; no one who’s participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.

At the end of this post you’ll find links to the other blogs featuring this challenge. Check them all out, see what words they got and how they used them. 
Your words are:
hearts ~ squeezable ~ ketchup ~ mardi gras ~ surprise

For 2 years I have been writing "Pearl and William" then I added "Cindy and Dillion". I hope you enjoy these chapters of the ongoing saga as much as I do.Thank you for stopping by and if you need to catch up, the links are under this installment.

Cindy's ex-husband had never taken her anywhere. She was so exciting to be going to Louisiana AND Mardi Gras! What a surprise when Dillion had told her about this trip. He was so sweet, so perfect for her. Her hearts desire and the cute squeezable bear lay on her bed as a reminder of their one year anniversary...well of dating. Where had the time gone? One year? WOW...glancing around the room to see if she had packed everything she saw her shirt on the sink in the bathroom. Shoot! She had forgotten to pre-soak that. She walked in the bathroom and grabbed it. She smiled at the ketchup stain. They were sharing a hot dog like kids the night before when a blob of ketchup fell on her shirt. They both laughed uncontrollably and passerby's just stared at them. This made them laugh even harder.
Laugh...she shook her head. Laughing among other things was something new with this relationship. She laughed so much she was starting to get wrinkles! But she did not mind. She would take all the wrinkles in the world to be with this man. He made her heart sing. Made her laugh. Made her feel secure, loved and important. Yes life was certainly different and she was enjoying every minute of it.

Previous chapters to this story:
6
7
8
9

Links to the other “Use Your Words” posts:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what comes next in Cindy and Dillon's great adventure.
    And OMG, that recipe. PurDude LOVES Buffalo Chicken Wings and College Boy LOVES Sweet Baby Ray's (didn't know they made a Buffalo Wing Sauce). Need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they made a sauce either and it was very good. I will def. be purchasing it again.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for continuing Cindy and Dillon's story. As far as spicy food, we eat it almost every day - the hotter the better and rarely eat anything that is not ethnic. I hope that never changes because I wouldn't know how to cook LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, I think i can detect some autobiographic elements in that post 💕
    Very nice! Happy Valenti...e's Day (fill in the blank, hahahaha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What ever do you mean? giggle!
      Happy ValentiNe's Day

      Delete
  4. Sounds delish! I'll definitely try out the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the dish. Let me know.

      Delete
  5. I love hot wings, but they kill me too so I will definitely be checking this out. I am also going to look for the SBR's version we love that BBQ sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I even utter the words buffalo, cheese, and/or potatoes in my husband's presence, I will be setting myself up to make this!

    I'm so glad to see "Cindy" so happy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww. I love where this story is going. I am always so excited for your UYW posts. Another excellent use of your words.

    This casserole looks AMAZING. We love SBR in our house. I'll have to seek out their Buffalo sauce, and try this!! 💖 💖 💖

    ReplyDelete