Wednesday, January 13, 2016

From the Dark Days of Winter

We are at it again...poetry or a sad attempt for some of us. Either way, it is fun, creative and you never really know what lurks in someone's mind until you allow them to be creative. Words are pictures that are created in your own mind. A great writer can put words on paper or a screen as it is here and create a setting so real you are there. You see it, smell it, feel the breeze, those are the ones I enjoy reading and envy. Painting a picture so real it transports the reader to another setting, time and place. Oh to have that gift... some of my blogger friends are those authors. Talented beyond means. Today I share with you my attempt at poetry and if you scroll down you'll find a great cookie recipe along with links to my oh so talented blogger friends.
                                                 
From the Dark Days of Winter
From the dark days of winter
to the light of spring
I have found that in life
you must endure a lot of things
Life may not always be easy
life may even be rough
but some days you gotta get up
and kick it in the rump
Once all my days were dark
once all my days were sad
today I'm happy and glad
My days are filled with love
my days are filled with sunshine
gone are the dark days of winter
that invaded my life
hello to the days of spring
the days of love and roses
happy are my nights
and I'll spare you the noises!

Now how about some DELICIOUS cookies for that cold winter day?

I am always in search of a better cookie recipe. This recipe taste delicious and is really simple. It was met with a quick gobbling down! Sort of like Thanksgiving on steroids. Hot, straight from the oven, they were beyond delicious, cold they were super duper tasty and the last batch I left in just a tad too long so they went into a separate bag and I dipped them into hot cocoa. OMGosh that was the deal-lee-oh!

2 eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
Beat this by hand until smooth and ribbons form when you hold up your whisk.

Add in
2 tsp vanilla (I used NuNaturals NuStevia Vanilla)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 sticks melted butter
YES you read that correct. 2 sticks of melted butter.
Stir well until blended.

Now add:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Stir well and lastly stir in a 12 oz bag of chocolate chips

Place the batter into the fridge for 15 minutes.
Scoop out by the TBSP and place on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 14 minutes at 350 degrees.

ENJOY
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Blogger and Blog: Karen of Baking In A Tornado
Name of Poem: Here to Stay

Blogger and Blog: Steena of The Angrivated Mom 
Name of Poem: Wicked Winter's Wonderless

Blogger and Blog: Dawn of "Spatulas On Parade"
Name of Poem: From the dark days of winter
Link: 

Blogger and Blog: Robin of Someone Else's Genius 
Name of Poem:  The Warmth of Winter 

Blogger and Blog: Candice of Measurements of Merriment 
Name of Poem: Winter Poem

9 comments:

  1. I don't know how you combined inspiration and humor, but you did it!
    And those cookies? I can almost taste them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a spur of the moment inspiration and I am always funny! LOL
      The cookies were SOOO good!

      Delete
  2. Great poem, love the positive look at winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I don't stay positive about winter I'll be depressed. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  3. Loved it! I love the depth you reached, while still maintaining a humorous touch. Great job! These cookies look YUMMY! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cookies were DELISH and I have to be funny life is too short to be serious ALL the time.

      Delete
  4. Pinning! Great recipe Dawn..... beautiful poem too :)

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris! Long time no see. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the cookies!!

      Delete
  5. Melted butter in a cookie... who would have thought!?

    Oh, and I liked the poem, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete